Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day I read Daddio's thread about being pulled over, I got pulled over. I ride a long street in LA called Santa Fe and on the way home when the traffic backs up, I usually end up splitting lanes. There are two lanes in each direction. Lots of buses & trucks, so passing on the curb side seems more dangerous to me. A cop waiting in traffic must have seen me coming up from behind because before I reached him, he turned on the lights (no siren) and signaled with his hand for me to stop. He told me that I was riding "illegally". I told him that it was my understanding that I could split lanes. He didn't answer my question, he just said, "Regardless, you were riding dangerously. Be careful." No ticket, not a bad guy. Now I ask you all: Can we legally split lanes in CA?

I added a few pics. I see that old lady pushing her husband in the wheelchair almost every day. Notice who has the green light.

Later,

·
Registered
438 Posts
you can legally split lanes on a motorcycle in CA. at least when i lived there.

not sure for bicycles, though.

i got a ticket on my bike once in CA. running stopsigns. $100. i went to court to make sure the points didnt go on my drivers license. judge allowed that.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Yikes

I am almost afraid to post, I am hoping for good luck as I have traffic court today 50 in a 35 :rolleyes: ! I have to get them to remove the points, hoping for PBJ than I'll be a good girl.

Love the pics, what kind of bar tape is that?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stella Azzurra Eleganza

The bar tape is actually Stella Azzurra Eleganza. It's nice and grippy and looks pretty cool. I love it.

That Douglas tape looks pretty cool. The Stella Azzurra, like all their stuff, is more expensive.

Zeytin, I hope everything worked out well for you today!

See you later,

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
northcoast said:
The bar tape is actually Stella Azzurra Eleganza. It's nice and grippy and looks pretty cool. I love it.

That Douglas tape looks pretty cool. The Stella Azzurra, like all their stuff, is more expensive.

Zeytin, I hope everything worked out well for you today!

See you later,

Very nice, I might have to get some. Thank you things did, I got a PBJ, reduced fine, and no points! WooHoo, to celebrate I went and did some NNC.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Sorry for the jinx! Glad you got off as well,

Take care,

joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts