Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retired.

Sad. He's lost his touch a little bit, though that might be more producer/network influence more than anything else. Nevertheless, "big games" will never have the same punch as they did with Madden/Summerall.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
Retired.

Sad. He's lost his touch a little bit, though that might be more producer/network influence more than anything else. Nevertheless, "big games" will never have the same punch as they did with Madden/Summerall.
i will agree that the Madden/Summerall duo was the shizzit.

unfortunately, Madden was, in some respects, becoming a characature of himself...

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Madden was good but he lost it in the last few years. It's a shame to see peeples get old and lose it. That's what they say about me anyway.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
He definitely lost something over the past few years. But now he can give his full attention to growing Syrah, which ice queen Peggy Fleming turns into some pretty good wine.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I mentioned in my OP, I wonder how much of his "losing it" was at the direction of the primetime networks/producers. Don't forget, he started in primtime on ABC, which also had Dennis Fvcking Miller. They were definitely entertainment first, football second. NBC wasn't much better. IOW, I can totally picture some 20-something producer directing Madden to be more like John Madden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts