Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
Joined
·
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO, here I am in a hotel room in Johns Creek...

It's f'n hot here. how do you people in the south live with this? Jeepers....

I'm going to go wring out my shirt....

Also, Hartsfield Airport is the suxxor.
 

·
waterproof*
Joined
·
41,608 Posts
1. first
2. it's humid in Hotlanta
3. Hartsfield at 10 pm on a Thursday, is the place to see and be seen.
 

·
Non Non Cyclist
Joined
·
5,777 Posts
How long you gonna be in town? We're not far from there at all...you got time for dinner wit some Lownge moreons?

Oh, and I used to be Lets_ride, just in case you were wondering. I could probably get the tcons to come along, too. :thumbsup:
 

·
haole from the mainland
Joined
·
5,962 Posts
After living in Georgia for 7-8 years I came to appreciated Hartsfield's orderliness, although I can see how it could be intimidating for a n00b.

I never really did get used to the humidity.
 

·
Scary Teddy Bear
Joined
·
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CyreneSong said:
How long you gonna be in town? We're not far from there at all...you got time for dinner wit some Lownge moreons?

Oh, and I used to be Lets_ride, just in case you were wondering. I could probably get the tcons to come along, too. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I am in town for less than 24 hours. I have a 4 hour meeting this morning, and then straight to the airport...

Ate at Sugo's last night. Drinking some beer called a Rare Vos.......Crazy times.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
I'm 10 minutes up the road, should have posted earlier! Hartsfield is very efficient and orderly compared to almost any other airport, I travel for a living and have been to most.
 

·
Non Non Cyclist
Joined
·
5,777 Posts
physasst said:
Unfortunately, I am in town for less than 24 hours. I have a 4 hour meeting this morning, and then straight to the airport...

Ate at Sugo's last night. Drinking some beer called a Rare Vos.......Crazy times.....
Be sure and give us a head's up next time you're down this way. We'd love to get together for a meal or just a drink if you're doing another fly-by.
 

·
Stumpcake!
Joined
·
5,950 Posts
CyreneSong said:
Be sure and give us a head's up next time you're down this way. We'd love to get together for a meal or just a drink if you're doing another fly-by.
Yeah, this!
 

·
Good news everyone!
Joined
·
5,452 Posts
I heard about this new invention called air conditioning. I bet it will be the next big thing.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Hot? This ain't hot, ya'll shoulda been here last month.... maybe that's why we move at such a casual pace around these parts.

We have an airport? Interesting.

Hey ATL'rs anyone doing the BBC tomorrow?
 

·
RoadBike n00b
Joined
·
259 Posts
AlloyNipples said:
Hot? This ain't hot, ya'll shoulda been here last month.... maybe that's why we move at such a casual pace around these parts.

We have an airport? Interesting.

Hey ATL'rs anyone doing the BBC tomorrow?

I'll be there -
 

·
Scary Teddy Bear
Joined
·
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CyreneSong said:
Be sure and give us a head's up next time you're down this way. We'd love to get together for a meal or just a drink if you're doing another fly-by.

It'll likely happen. One of our BIG Agency corporate headquarters (for the PA world that is) is in John's Creek. I was there for a research summit

As far as Hartsfield....THAT is NOT orderly, not in any way. I would rank it somewhere between Reagan and Ohare...with Reagan being the worst....and Ohare being near the bottom. Dallas is about on par with Hartsfield....Miami and LAX are worse...but I think JFK might be nicer than Hartsfield....

Tampa is nicer.
Denver is better
San Diego is FAR better
San Antonio is better...
Cleveland is better
MSP is better
SLC is better
Heck, I think even Phoenix is better....but not by much....
Boston is better, but not by a lot.
 

·
Stumpcake!
Joined
·
5,950 Posts
al. said:
I'll be there -
I'll be there too! What distances y'all doing? (Perhaps I'll get the lounge kit out for it)

Gotta love any ride that ends at a brewery!
 

·
Non Non Cyclist
Joined
·
5,777 Posts
physasst said:
It'll likely happen. One of our BIG Agency corporate headquarters (for the PA world that is) is in John's Creek. I was there for a research summit.
Like I said, let us know. We southron folk like to be hospitable, y'all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,192 Posts
Hawt

just finished BRAT in the Chattanooga area, doing 5-6 mile mtn pass climbs. Carbon bikes were esplodin' on the side of the road. I had a fullout hamstring cramp in the middle of one of the climbs, could not ride, had to get off and walk. At night it was an absolute sauna in the shower or then in the tent. I stuck to everything I touched in the tent like velcro. Screw that! no more rides down south before October.
 

·
Weed
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
ARP said:
just finished BRAT in the Chattanooga area, doing 5-6 mile mtn pass climbs. Carbon bikes were esplodin' on the side of the road. I had a fullout hamstring cramp in the middle of one of the climbs, could not ride, had to get off and walk. At night it was an absolute sauna in the shower or then in the tent. I stuck to everything I touched in the tent like velcro. Screw that! no more rides down south before October.
I saw some of your fellow riders coming in today. I felt bad for them having to climb White Oak Mountain so close to the end of the ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
physasst said:
It's f'n hot here. how do you people in the south live with this? Jeepers...
They stay inside in the AC and get fat. I don't think it's a coincidence that the south leads the way in the obesity epidemic.

When we moved to New England from the south, one of the biggest differences was families and kids outside being active in the evening in the summer.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top