Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Lambretta
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not that sort of date!

Just bought a NOS Titanio, can anyone give me a round about date?

Looking at the photos of other DeRosa`s I would say round 1999-2001 ish. Am I far off?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
DId it come with a fork? I am not sure when they went away from steel forks-the mid 90's the forks were EL tubing I think? Very pretty BTW

b21

·
Registered
451 Posts
good looking,

i have just bought a nos titanio as well. not here yet but mine is just clear coated ti with steel threaded forks. apparantly it was made around '05 but i will send serial number to de rosa and have it all confirmed. i think they make the titanio as a custom only, i may be wrong:thumbsup: so you may get all the info you want if you find the serial # and email de rosa. however the tubes are rather oversize for the titanio but since they are a custom thing should be safe that it is a de rosa.

·
Lambretta
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds like a plan.

Tubes generaly look fat on smaller bikes. This one has a 51" top tube.

Which should be perfect for me. Can`t wait.

·
Registered
451 Posts
good suff

i'd be inerested in your reply from de rosa about your frame cause i gota say it does look a bit different from mine. can i ask where you got it from?

·
Lambretta
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its been comfirmed as a 1998-2000 model.

Can anyone reccomend a nice bar/ stem combo to go with my nice campa aero seatpost?

·
Registered
451 Posts
excellent

me too. i'm waiting for my frame from Geoff as well. excellent service from Geoff as i have got a few parts from him over the last 12 months or so. well done no problems with him. look forward to seeing the finished product.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
fux said:
Its been comfirmed as a 1998-2000 model.

Can anyone reccomend a nice bar/ stem combo to go with my nice campa aero seatpost?
is this the same frame, i only ask cause this one seems to have threaded forks? still nice though.
anyway you try and track down a cinelli grammo stem if your into the retro thing. cool man..

·
Lambretta
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how's the build going on the bike?
Well, everything is orderd and on its way. Looking at the tracking info, the frame has arrived at my home town so I should recieve that tomorrow.

Parts list of stuff that has arrived looks like this...

:D

The dura-ace bb cups were bought because my first intention was to simply move the drivetrain over from my old bike but I delivered that back to the shop I bought it from and got my money back.

2x King cage in stainless
1x brown bar tape

I expect the new drivetrain to arrive before the end of the week, and maybe 10 days before the rest arrives.

Tidi. has your frame arrived yet?

·
Registered
451 Posts
g'day fux,
i'm in the same boat as you. my frame has just hit australian shores as per the tracking so i too hope i shall see it tomorrow. what timing. i've still got to get a couple of parts too. i'm hoping to get a 10speed chorus rear mech, cassette and chain soon. i have a record threaded headset and also a king. not sure which one to use. life's pretty hard when one is up against such a decision to make..lol..i'll keep you posted to my progress. hopefully put a photot up tomorrow.:)

·
Lambretta
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool. Did you purchace one the blue one`s?

My build is....

Campa centaur 10spd (09)
Campa Zonda silver
nos 3ttt Giro d` italia bar
Cinelli pinoccio quill

Charge duster seat (brown)
Campa aero seatpost
Campa record headset
speedplay ti pedals (silver)

·
Registered
451 Posts
hi Fux

my frame is clear coated ti finish. i'm gonna hang 08record shifters, 06record al cranks & calipers, cinelli grammo quill, 3T pro forma bars, selof ti seat post, 05 si flite saddle, 07 chorus mech's and 02 centaur hubs with red ambrosio excellence rims. can't wait to make this happen. may take me a while 'cause we are expecting twins in september, so the obsession has to be in perspective, well thats what i'm sayin to the boss:D

·
Lambretta
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Landed today.

Very pretty frame, metalic finish!

Very pleased, can`t wait for the parts to arrive!

·
Registered
451 Posts
hi fux

i got my titanio today. it was love at 1st sight. it is a painted metallic silver with chrome forks. i have put the king headset, cinelli grammo, 3t bars, slcof ti post and si flite saddle on it with 06 silver record brakes hangin off it now. waiting for the bottom bracket then i shall get my red excellence rims laced to the early model centaur hubs. all nos which also makes me happy. i will post photo's tomorow. all is good. i emailed de rosa the serial number so will get the corresponding info. i can't wait to see this thing in a rolling state. i'll keep you posted:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts