Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well....Yesterday I purchased my first CX bike....A GT GTR Type CX.

I've got a pretty extensive MTB background and have built up a good road bike background over the past two years so I figured it was time to combine the two :D

I've wanted a CX bike for a while and wanted to give it a try so I figured I'd get the best bike I could for the money and the GT has a steeper STA than most (if not all) CX bikes out there so the fit is great for me (though I did switch to a slightly longer stem).

The bike has a full SRAM Rival Grouppo (aside from crank) and pretty much Easton everywhere else: Carbon Fork, Wheels, bars, stem, seatpost, etc....

Overall I was able to walk out the door for a total of $1259.00 which seems to be a pretty good deal at this point in time.

Now I have to learn the running dismount...something I never did on my MTB....I know how to do it, I've just never practiced it...should be interesting.

I still need to use my 10% back points on a different saddle (will change the one on there), computer (maybe) and some pedals that I can put back on my MTB.

Should be an interesting fall :cool:

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
congrats

welcome
enjoy
pain has never been so fun

good looking ride

it will make you a better cyclist in both directions

your other bikes will get jealous

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Wookiebiker said:
Now I have to learn the running dismount...something I never did on my MTB....I know how to do it, I've just never practiced it...should be interesting.
The dismount is the easy part. :cool:

IMO besides the dismount/remount/portage deal, the two toughest skills are:
- off-camber switchbacks (don't be afraid to unclip your inside foot)
- sandpit (or deep mud bog)

Do your stadium step workouts early and often. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.