Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
It's complexicated
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vaughn and I are intrigued by Jon Stewart's "Rally To Restore Sanity" and Colbert's "March to Keep Fear Alive". We can come up to DC for a day trip... "But we can only stay until 6:00. We have a sitter." (Oct 30 on the Mall). Honestly though, Stewart and Colbert might not be enough. It would be even better if we could see some Loungers too. Any takers?

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,895 Posts
I'm trying to get my friends to go with me on Amtrak from NYC. If I drive where is the best place to park/take a subway?

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
I wish, too, but I don't see it happening.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
DrSmile said:
I'm trying to get my friends to go with me on Amtrak from NYC. If I drive where is the best place to park/take a subway?
Your best bet is Amtrak straight into Union Station and then using the Metro.

If you drive, I'll assume that you will be coming down I-95. The Greenbelt station is right there on the I-495 beltway. You can park there for somewhere around $5 for the day and then take the Metro to the Mall. I believe this is the Green Line which doesn't go directly to the Mall, so you would probably have to switch lines at Metro Center.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
The Missus said:
Vaughn and I are intrigued by Jon Stewart's "Rally To Restore Sanity" and Colbert's "March to Keep Fear Alive". We can come up to DC for a day trip... "But we can only stay until 6:00. We have a sitter." (Oct 30 on the Mall). Honestly though, Stewart and Colbert might not be enough. It would be even better if we could see some Loungers too. Any takers?
I might end up going. The Red Line metro is just 5 miles from my place and this thing looks intriguing. Can't say I am officially a "Lounger" but I have been on a Lounge ride before and have actually met a couple people from the Lounge in person. Met Vaughn on that Lounge ride and even got to carry the pacifier for a little while.

Edit to add: The might part depends on how hunting season is going and how my wife feels about going to this thing.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
We were planning on being on the road down to Florida then but this just may be worth hanging around for a couple extra days to see.

OTOH whats another stinking rally on The Mall to us........?

·
gazing from the shadows
27,225 Posts
From what I heard, everyone is going to get laid. So I assume most loungers will want to go.

·
prosciutto corsa
364 Posts
"I really disagree with what you are saying, but I am pretty sure you're not Hitler."
Had me in stitches.

And what about the Colbert counter rally? Keep the FEAR alive, people!
Look out! MSNBC is letting a butch lesbian vampire comment on AMERICA!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Bring your bikes. Lounge Ride® to the Mall!

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
We're not sure about it now. I was reminded that I had promised to take photos at the local Symphony's Halloween concert on Sunday the 31st. The plan was to shoot some at the last rehearsal on saturday to compose and get ready for the shots. If we do go we'll have to make it a day trip..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts