Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was here at the TDGA today and since no one seems to know who he is we had a great conversation. He's a nice guy once he warms up. He said he's riding for Cervelo again next year and really likes his new bike. I told him that was good since he just got it towards the end of the season, but he says it's the bomb for sure. I also got to talk to Jesse Anthony to. He says he plans on doing full on cross next year, but doesn't know about full time in Europe. Page's family is staying in Belgium and that is where he calls pretty much home now. Very interesting stories he has, so if you visit the tour, look him up!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I spoke with him briefly last year in Fayetteville and Dalton. He is very nice. In F-ville he was sitting outside the team van with no one around. The Lance and pony show was right down the road. I took some pics...yes, the ones I lost, throughout the week and he always was smiling. Even at the 200m mark on Brasstown. I am glad he is back in GA. I plan on going to F-Ville in the morning and then up to Rome.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I spoke with him at nats last year (Oregon)

and he was quyite nice. wished him well via his website and he responded in person.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too bad..

he said this was his first race back. He told me this morning he was hoping it'd be like last year slow and easy. From the look of the race report, it was fast as heck straight from the gun! I bet it was tough, but hey, this guy whoops arse when others are taking it easy for sure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Page is under promoted...

I think JP is one of the most under-promoted riders out there. He was absolutely crushing it at the end of the cross season...and no one seemed to notice. What he is doing in Europe is incredible. Check out the later races of the season. He is right in there with the top cx riders in the world. Get this guy some publicity!

·
50ft. Queenie
1,154 Posts
crossbishop said:
I think JP is one of the most under-promoted riders out there. He was absolutely crushing it at the end of the cross season...and no one seemed to notice. What he is doing in Europe is incredible. Check out the later races of the season. He is right in there with the top cx riders in the world. Get this guy some publicity!
my friend is good friends with him & his wife...so i got to chat with him for a bit after natz. In addition to being an unbelievable racer, he was also very nice & extreamly humble.

im surprised he is still with cervelo...i would have thought with the results he had last year, he would have gotten picked up by a bigger team for the cross season.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Other teams...

he said he had some offers when I spoke to him Monday at the presentation, but I guess Cervelo gave him a better deal. He seemed to like the setup he's got, but admits it's kinda stressful putting together these sponsor deals each year.

He is a humble guy though, I just couldn't get over how cool he was. Usually people at his level are total arses, but definately not him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts