Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm pretty happy today. my ten year old cactus gave birth ... i think. or is it a cactus wart? no, no, it's way too cute not to be a little baby cactus. B^)

Flowerpot Terrestrial plant Houseplant Hardwood Thorns, spines, and prickles

Adaptation Terrestrial plant Thorns, spines, and prickles Cactus San Pedro cactus

Wood Green Organism Hardwood Leaf

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I see he's been circumcised.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
B^)

who doesn't love a phallic cactus in a big coffee mug that finally sprouts an offspring after ten years sitting in a kitchen window??

true love.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Congrats!! My old aloe plant begat 6 babies, three of which survived, two of which are thriving (third one's a runt that's barely hanging in there.)

A co-worker requested one, so I'm waiting for the grand-babies. But she wants to make smoothies with them :eek:

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pics or it didn't happen!

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ate it last weekend. It was so good! Warm and juicy. Seriously, Been doing it for about 8 years now.

How to Grow a Pineapple Top Indoors

I've got a good spot outside that it likes and every 2nd year in August I get a smaller pineapple to enjoy.
cool. i miss having a yard. i need to grow tomatoes next year in a pot.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
My condo is full of cool plants. My favorite right now is the prayer plant. It actually raises its leaves at night.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
My condo is full of cool plants. My favorite right now is the prayer plant. It actually raises its leaves at night.
Wish we had more sunlight in the house. The pothos have been going nuts since I fed them actual plant food. But it's hard to grow anything else.

The purple oxalis plant is thriving, though, and it does the same cute folding-up thing at night. It seems happy on the eastern windowsill that gets sun in the morning. Every year, it dies back, and looks like a hopeless pot of dirt for a few months before coming back to life- fascinating.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Wish we had more sunlight in the house. The pothos have been going nuts since I fed them actual plant food. But it's hard to grow anything else.

The purple oxalis plant is thriving, though, and it does the same cute folding-up thing at night. It seems happy on the eastern windowsill that gets sun in the morning. Every year, it dies back, and looks like a hopeless pot of dirt for a few months before coming back to life- fascinating.
My silver pothos is growing like a weed, too. Fresh potting soil and prime east-facing window real estate works wonders for plants. My money plant, however, is in a bit of a recession.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts