Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone notice JP was finally on a real Cervelo? Isn't this his last season with them? Nothing like getting your sponsored rider a bike in the last few races of a two year deal. I mean why didn't they do like they did last year and have him use a rebadged bike like last year?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mosovich said:
Did anyone notice JP was finally on a real Cervelo? Isn't this his last season with them? Nothing like getting your sponsored rider a bike in the last few races of a two year deal. I mean why didn't they do like they did last year and have him use a rebadged bike like last year?
Are you SURE it wasn't a re-badged Hottubes or Mipozo (sp)?

·
The Beast
62 Posts
Chocolate Monkey said:
And you're positive that they weren't some other company's frames painted to look like a Cervelo???
Positive. Saw them first hand. They look like no cross bike I have ever seen.

From the Cervelo website - "Aside from Gerard riding the Bayonne, this video will also show John, one of our engineers, on a prototype of the R3 Cross."

Looks like they have been working on making one, and JP got one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
bikerb said:

From the Cervelo website - "Aside from Gerard riding the Bayonne, this video will also show John, one of our engineers, on a prototype of the R3 Cross."

They've said things like that before (about Page riding a "Cervelo" when it turned out to be a Hottubes painted as a Cervelo), so I'll have to see it to believe it.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow..

you're one stubborn dude. Guy says he was there and saw it and you still don't believe him? He has no reason to lie. Plus, look at the picture, it even looks like a Cervelo design with the big downtube and small top tube. I believe it. Maybe there will be something on it on JP's website soon. Although, they do suck at updating it regularly.

I wonder who he'll ride for next year. I would think he's getting pretty popular over there. They said on one report I read that he got alot of TV time and has a supporters group now.
Now that's the big time!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mosovich said:
you're one stubborn dude. Guy says he was there and saw it and you still don't believe him? He has no reason to lie. Plus, look at the picture, it even looks like a Cervelo design with the big downtube and small top tube. I believe it. Maybe there will be something on it on JP's website soon. Although, they do suck at updating it regularly.

I wonder who he'll ride for next year. I would think he's getting pretty popular over there. They said on one report I read that he got alot of TV time and has a supporters group now.
Now that's the big time!
And you're one gullible one... I don't know who "bikerb" is, and for all I know he could be a 14-year old boy... tell me again why I should believe what an anonymous poster says on an internet forum?! And you're saying it's a Cervelo because it has a "big downtube and small top tube"... that cracks me up! The Mipozo's that JP has been racing have larger downtubes and smaller top tubes, as do lots of other bikes.

It could very well be a real Cervelo cross bike made at the same Taiwanese factory that makes their other carbon bikes, I've just not seen anything to convince me of that yet, and Cervelo's history of referring in forums to Page's previous Hottube-made bikes as "Cervelo" or "R2.5 Cross" doesn't lend much credence to what's on their website.

Regardless, the guy has virtually been on a different bike every year and still kicks butt!

Can you spell: E N G I N E...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Does it really matter what bike he was on? I personally have several bikes that say one thing but are actually another. Heck, my cross bikes have two manufactures decals on them. Keeping the team happy & the employer. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
DPCX said:
Does it really matter what bike he was on? I personally have several bikes that say one thing but are actually another. Heck, my cross bikes have two manufactures decals on them. Keeping the team happy & the employer. :)
Yeah... you're right... it doesn't mean jack... I mean people don't care less about what bike a rider is on, they buy them purely from an academic viewpoint... and there aren't any forum threads or magazine articles on pro's bikes or anything like that... Cervelo's road bike sales had nothing to do with CSC nor did Trek's have anything to do with Lance... and bikes just have huge logos pasted all over them on every tube because the glue in the decal makes the tubes stronger... and when some pro wins a race or tour or triathlon, no one want's to know about each and every component on the bike...

Whatever dude...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Chocolate Monkey said:
Yeah... you're right... it doesn't mean jack... I mean people don't care less about what bike a rider is on, they buy them purely from an academic viewpoint... and there aren't any forum threads or magazine articles on pro's bikes or anything like that... Cervelo's road bike sales had nothing to do with CSC nor did Trek's have anything to do with Lance... and bikes just have huge logos pasted all over them on every tube because the glue in the decal makes the tubes stronger... and when some pro wins a race or tour or triathlon, no one want's to know about each and every component on the bike...

Whatever dude...
Well, some people spend more time talking/debating about bikes & components then actually riding them. I guess the big mystery of what JP is really on doesn't excite me. If bikerb saw it first hand in Zeddam then why not give him the benefit of the doubt. Some people just like to debate i guess.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
DPCX said:
Well, some people spend more time talking/debating about bikes & components then actually riding them. I guess the big mystery of what JP is really on doesn't excite me. If bikerb saw it first hand in Zeddam then why not give him the benefit of the doubt. Some people just like to debate i guess.....
Me, I'm around 17,000km or 11,000mi/year so I consider myself a rider...

So for you, if it "doesn't excite (you) " then you're posting here to... to... ahh, yes: debate

·
Registered
635 Posts
Chocolate Monkey said:
Me, I'm around 17,000km or 11,000mi/year so I consider myself a rider...

So for you, if it "doesn't excite (you) " then you're posting here to... to... ahh, yes: debate
Wow, I had no idea you rode that much. I apologize for doubting you.

whatever......

·
Registered
293 Posts
This thread got crummy fast...

Anyway, it would be good if JP gets a good sponsorship package together, say Rabobank (I know it won't happen), as opposed to Liberty Seguros/HotTubes/Cervelo while riding a MoDope-o, from a fan's point of view, anyway. Landbouwkrediet or Palmans sponsoring cross anymore?

·
50ft. Queenie
1,154 Posts
bikerb said:

i also heard from a friend of his that it is, in fact, a new cervelo.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Chocolate Monkey said:
And you're one gullible one... I don't know who "bikerb" is, and for all I know he could be a 14-year old boy... tell me again why I should believe what an anonymous poster says on an internet forum?!
bikerb is Brady Kappius, he's closer to 18 and he raced as a member of the US worlds team this weekend. He has no reason to make $hit up on the internet, he's probably been hanging around a hotel in Holland with JP all week. So simmer down, guy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wunlap togo said:
bikerb is Brady Kappius, he's closer to 18 and he raced as a member of the US worlds team this weekend. He has no reason to make $hit up on the internet, he's probably been hanging around a hotel in Holland with JP all week. So simmer down, guy.
Cool... and I like your "dopeless hope fiend"... but I'm not a GUY...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Customs?

In an email last week,I asked Cervelo if they were bringing a carbon cross frame to market and they said no,no plans to make or market a carbon cross bike.???

dan

1 - 20 of 43 Posts