Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
My point was really..

the fact that after almost two years of sponsorship, Cervelo finally provided him with a bike, or it seems like they provided him with a bike. Personally, I don't care, the guy could ride a huffy and whoop most of our arses. I wish someone would really pick the guy up and give him a good deal. He really sets the example that hard work and determination really do pay off. Now he is an example that kids could look up to. I know I really admire him! :)

I'm with Mosovich...JP has a work ethic like no other. He gets food poisoning the day before the elite race at Nationals....spends all night hooked up to an IV....still races the next day and takes third. That takes a lot of heart! I had food poisoning right before Christmas and I had a hard enough time just walking around during the holiday. I have total respect for JP...it would be cool for him to get on a program such as Rabobank that supports all facets of cycling...not just road.

How Would You Know?????

e-RICHIE said:
yup. agreed.
he finally got the CF cervelos about 2 weeks ago.
and who are YOU????????? and HOW MUCH DO YOU RIDE??????

just kidding. e-richie has spoken, I'll take his word on it.

yes JP needs a full gig. It seems like Ridley (who is making big inroads in America) would get one of their trade teams (Fidea?) to pick him up. Then they'd have another notch in the Nat Champs cap, further help sell bikes in America and get a good strong rider to boot.

Here's the scoop: The bike that Jonathan is riding at the moment is a pre-production version of the R3 Cross. I expect that the production version will be available sometime in the summer. Probably in four sizes, 51, 54, 56 and 58cm. Price will be around three thousand dollars.

i'm beaing a dead horse here but, a cervelo r3 looks like a cervelo r3. if it was rebadged, you'd know.

the r3 has deathly thin seat stays, and is the only traditional round tubed monocoque bike from cerveloooooooooooo

Chocolate Monkey said:
Me, I'm around 17,000km or 11,000mi/year so I consider myself a rider...
tell me why i should belive these figures posted by an anonymous identity on the internet with 22 postings under his/her/its belt at this particular forum?

edit: i don't know whether you are male or female or whatever, so i changed the wording a bit to be academically and hopefully politically correct.

Fietser,

Unless you Fiets 20,000 miles a year you're a nobody. I take it you're the same IronDad on slowtwitch. I just did a search and saw where Gerard confirmed that its their frame. Lightest and stiffest on the market.

giovanni sartori said:
Fietser,

Unless you Fiets 20,000 miles a year you're a nobody. I take it you're the same IronDad on slowtwitch. I just did a search and saw where Gerard confirmed that its their frame. Lightest and stiffest on the market.
LOL... man, finally someone read my post ;-)

What I posted is straight from Gerard. Of course he posted it in Dutch so I translated it for you.

IronDad said:
LOL... man, finally someone read my post ;-)

What I posted is straight from Gerard. Of course he posted it in Dutch so I translated it for you.
Really? I didn't see that post, can you share the link? I speak Dutch so would like to read it. I wasn't sure if he was Dutch or not, the name is certainly Dutch.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.