Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Chuckroast said:
Curb, this runs out 58 Highway and all those old MS 150 roads? Why such a late start?
I do take the 5 miles on 58 from Strasburg to Kingsville. It's not too bad although I find it my least favorite part of the ride. What do you think?

I chose a 9am start because I hate having to get up early, or most rides are. For example ever go on the Einstein Bagle ride? . . . If I remember right it starts at 6:30 -7am? So for me that involves me getting up at 5:30 on my day off to get up there on time. I thought I'd let people sleep in some. I don't want people to feel rushed. Have a big breakfast.

I got some gift certificates from Broadway Cafe for sprint and KOM prizes, and I'm still looking for stuff. It's free and just for fun. The way it should be. While we will sprint for the sign and the one climb. It won't be a race. It's going to be a good time in the Prairie land.

Plus I need to work on my farmer's tan.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
come on, Einsteins is at 7a during DST and 8a otherwise due to light. Its not THAT bad. Plus think of all the traffic you can avoid out east at that time of day.

Post this on localcycling.com. Maybe since it starts at Benettis, you can pull a free coffee and muffin... I'd try and sprint for that... although me sprinting would be kind of an oxymoron in and of itself... but I'd take a stab at it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
funknuggets said:
come on, Einsteins is at 7a during DST and 8a otherwise due to light. Its not THAT bad. Plus think of all the traffic you can avoid out east at that time of day.

Post this on localcycling.com. Maybe since it starts at Benettis, you can pull a free coffee and muffin... I'd try and sprint for that... although me sprinting would be kind of an oxymoron in and of itself... but I'd take a stab at it.
I'm planning to posting this on Localcycling, Earth riders and KCBike info tonight.

You make a case for my argurment with LocalCycling. Mark Thomas and the rest of them live on the other side of the planet (KCK). This gives them time to get up and get around.

The main thing is I like riding in the middle of the day. All I've done this year is ride early in the morning. We'll get back back at 2pm at the latest. Most rides do start at 7am. I just wanted to do something a little different. It's just a couple hours. I'll have to do the August ride at 7am because of the heat I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks Isolated Thunder storms for tommorow. Maybe I can fill my jersey pockets with ground coffee and hang a cup under each pocket . . . Could make 3 cups right?

Might need to though. If we get a group together I want to break 50Mph on the descent. But then did I mention the climb after that on the road of death?

Could be an alternative to the Popeyes pace line or something.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dmar836 said:
LOL. The polka-dotted ears and those bangs kill me.

Where were the rest of you guys? Cuddled up with a blanket and hot chocolate watching the TdF?

One second thought it was a good day for cranking up some old Rush (Exit stage left album) playing Dungeons & Dragons, and painting pewter figurines

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
My 56th level fighter/thief will kick your dad's ass.

I slept in (got blitzkerd friday night) and watched the Tour

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.