Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,191 Posts
Get him down to $75 and yer doing OK.

It's no classic, but it's not bad, either. A little cloth tape on the handlebars, a little polish on the alloy bits and a honey colored brooks saddle and you've got a pocket Rivendell...

I'd be pretty confident that you can fit 28s on those wheels, no problem.

That 53-42 front chainring is gonna suck when you start going up hills, but a 39t front ring should be no problem to fit.

·
Registered
614 Posts
You guys are kinda picky......

I happen to like these, but I would venture that it would fit someone 6' 2" or 6' 3" better than someone 6' even. If there is only surface or no rust, and it fits, and the fork isn't bent, and it doesn't need new wheels because the spoke nipples are corroded, $125 wouldn't be a deal breaker (for me). OTOH, if you can get it for $100 or less, great. As far as the tubing goes, in the larger sizes......well.....saving a pound on a frame with a 200+ pound rider just doesn't get me that excited.

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
That frame looks to me to be a 63cm, which would fit you if you are around 6'6" tall. If it were in a normal frame size, it would be worth $50-$75. considering the freakish size, it might be worth $100 to somebody who needs such a huge frame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.