Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... of Champion Trail around Las Colinas (part of the DFW Metroplex) and primarily of my bike. Now that it's all done, it's out and about. Well, almost all done. Got one last thing, a new stem, on order from Rivendell. I felt rushed taking photos on my lunch break from work and still haven't taken the time to really learn the camera, but here's a few photos to look at anyway.

^ Less than a mile from my office, one can find views like this. I hope they don't turn around and develop this area.

^ Turn around and you see this instead. Civilization is never far away.

^ The trail has "rest stops" like this for kicking back and relaxing. This was the first time I stopped at that one.

^ The trail's concrete, so don't fall. I like this stretch when coming from where we're looking because you can hit it with a good head of steam and barrel through this portion if the wind's at your back.

^ A small part of the trail goes through woods and if you pick the rest stop there you can feel out in the middle of nowhere almost. Lots of fish and turtles in there.

^ And finally, a close-up of the bike. Since I last posted pics it now has Nasbar mountain crank and cassette, a new chain and its bottom bracket rebuilt. And that nifty Baggins candybar bag; it doesn't look like much but I'm already very fond of its waxed cotton.

· Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I'm glad Las Colinas hasn't developed that area yet. I thought for sure it would be gone by now. I lived in Las Colinas for a short time when I first moved up here as a teenager, the canals and surrounding area were the only place I liked. That's a fairly miserable area for a 15 year old to live, absolutely nothing to do, although I might have viewed it differently if I'd had a bike back then. I wasn't sad when we moved to Flower Mound a few months later...

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fbagatelleblack said:
... more people took your approach to cycling and building a "new" bike.
Thanks. I'm not old enough to think like this, but I don't much care for the disposable nature of things these days and was thrilled that my bottom bracket could simply be serviced. After banging my head against the wall replacing sealed ball joints and wheel bearings on my most recent truck, it's nice to have a bike with rebuildable parts.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris H said:
Thanks for the pics. I'm glad Las Colinas hasn't developed that area yet. I thought for sure it would be gone by now. I lived in Las Colinas for a short time when I first moved up here as a teenager, the canals and surrounding area were the only place I liked. That's a fairly miserable area for a 15 year old to live, absolutely nothing to do, although I might have viewed it differently if I'd had a bike back then. I wasn't sad when we moved to Flower Mound a few months later...
I can see how it would be boring as a kid. I thought about moving out to L.C. in a couple months to be closer to work until I saw that prices were higher than I want to toss away on rent. The places to eat and all would be attractive to an adult, though. Ah well. They're building houses just up the hill from part of the trail now, FYI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.