Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
It goes on top of the bearing cap. If you use spacers below the stem then it goes between the hs bearing cap and the first spacer. If no spacers then it goes between the stem and the hs cap. It is intended to compensate for stems that aren't quite faced properly on their lower face. I wouldn't imagine that too many stems would have this issue but it doesn't hurt to put it in.

Of course you could always get the Stein stem facing tool for $150, and the washer would become superfluous!

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.c...ndlebar and Stem&tc=Facer Sets&item_id=SN-SF1

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course you could always get the Stein stem facing tool for $150, and the washer would become superfluous!

Yep, of course!!! and my savings, buying a slightly used Chris King headset instead of new erased etc... However, having a new tool to play with is always a plus!!!

Great Idea!!!! ;)

G

·
I know... it's amazing how a new tool can captivate you. All thoughts of savings or needs seem to vanish at the prospect of having a new tool to play with - a tool that you never even knew existed!!

Cheers.
Geoff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.