Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Try asking on the bikeradar.com forum. That middle picture is from the Rutland-Melton Cicleclassic - a great race to spectate!

G

·
Jokull said:
Yeah, but that might be a good thing. Did you see this article, where Chris reckons that his GBP 1500 bike is good enough for Nicole Cooke to race at the top level on... poor woman.
http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/roa/News2008/20080128_Chris_Boardman_Bikes.asp
Yeah see that Cooke will be racing one and like you my immediate reaction was one of discomfort.

Thinking about it though, maybe we are just all snobs?

At the end of the day it has top quality components, wheels and groupset. The frame may be generic asian carbon/aluminum fare, but so is virtually everything! Having a Colnago sticker on the side does not make a rider faster right? Do we put too much emphasis on frames and forks? LA won on Treks after all... :p

The big issue with the cboardman bikes is the Halfords association. Ok so the sponsored some British team in the 80's but to me Halfords is just a place which sells [email protected], cheap, non-put-together-properly bikes, and has ignorants staff. I would not buy an inner tube from that place.

/Nicole Cooke trains on the 'team' version (ultegra equipped), albiet with an SRM crank. Just saw a pic in Cycling weekly.

·
Registered
346 Posts
the_rydster said:
Thinking about it though, maybe we are just all snobs?
Maybe. I guess we'll see what she's actually riding when pictures of her racing this season start to be published.

Halfords are rubbish, but in an ideal world, people should be able to go to a big store and buy a reasonably priced, decent bike, the same as happens with Decathlon in France. I guess we should just be grateful they're putting up the money for the team!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts