Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Embrace your inner Fred
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im pretty sure these are some expensive rims on this gorgeous race bike. Im a long way from competition riding but would like to know where you can get those kind of rims [the rear ones. Searched the net but couldnt find a source not even on the Easton site. heres the pic. Orbea [drool]

·
Registered
656 Posts
i wouldnt buy a disc just for looks...

an aero wheelset will improve your time, but spending more time on the bike will improve your times much more. With that said, yes theyre good for TTing and tris. And yes they are a huge pain in the wind.

In my opinion, you should be a couple years out of poser level before getting it. Unless you have cash to blow. That wheel combo will run upwards of $1500. However, you can buy a disc cover at wheelbuilder for $70. Mostly all of the aero benefits, at a small fraction of the cost.

·
Embrace your inner Fred
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
livin4lax09 said:
i wouldnt buy a disc just for looks...

an aero wheelset will improve your time, but spending more time on the bike will improve your times much more. With that said, yes theyre good for TTing and tris. And yes they are a huge pain in the wind.

In my opinion, you should be a couple years out of poser level before getting it. Unless you have cash to blow. That wheel combo will run upwards of $1500. However, you can buy a disc cover at wheelbuilder for $70. Mostly all of the aero benefits, at a small fraction of the cost.

Thanks for the education livin4lax09. Deffinately not trying to "look" the part without "being" the part. Wont be getting anything serious until my stamina and abilities are on that level. I think the bike I bought is above my current level but Im hoping to grow into it in a few months. Just educating myself on the possibilities. In the car game we dislike posers as Im sure is the same in the RB world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.