Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I'm gonna rub it in a bit. I still ride it every other week or so. Fantastic ride quality. Nothing like steel and sewups. Its currently on the deadline though. The bottom bracket is loose. Oh well. I have something to tinker with for an hour or so this weekend...

I still have 2. The other's up in Indiana.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Excuse me while I mop up my drool from the floor. Wow! That's an incredible example of that classic ride. The red cables and sheriff start hubs are great touches. Perfection on wheels!

I have to ask, are those 4 or 5 point pivot Deltas? I'm guessing 4 point based on the white accordian covers.

brewster

·
Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
That color scheme looks better than the other one posted! I'd love to get a bike like that and put current shifters on it. If you wanna let one go, I'll gladly take it off your hands!! I never thought I'd prefer the looks of an older bike over any new one.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,892 Posts
Sigh

Hey Duke,
You're tearing my heart out. I've seen your other Bottecchia (the one with clips and straps and a white Rolls saddle). I have both of your bikes as wallpaper. Beautiful bikes, indeed.

To further increase my sense of regret, here's a photo of the one I let go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mines on its way

late to this post by 4 years , just getting mine sprayed to look exactly like that with the curly decals, cant wait I raced mine in the 90's and am just getting back into road racing again, can wait, Ive got all the bits circa 1991 including the levers with white hoods and downtube shifters. I'll post pictures when its done :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
late to this post by 4 years , just getting mine sprayed to look exactly like that with the curly decals, cant wait I raced mine in the 90's and am just getting back into road racing again, can wait, Ive got all the bits circa 1991 including the levers with white hoods and downtube shifters. I'll post pictures when its done :)
Great! Can't wait to see it. Who's doing your paintwork?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in the UK, C&G Finishers in Liverpool, they did a great job on my Hill Special in 1986 showing my age! it had red and white striped tubes and gold lug lining, difficult to find good finishers now everything is carbon, I'll find out a price soon but might be over £300, or about $450! still it will be worth it, thankfully you can still buy new San Marco Rolls saddles in white, should be ready within the next 4-6 weeks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.