Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A long week, this one. All kinds of work-related crap starting Monday morning. And continuing.

Today starts off with a staff meeting, in which I'm informed that I'm actually not going to the conference that I was told only last week was a lock (and I've been looking forward to for three years, which was the last time they let me go).

Then I get a phone call from Kid # 1, who just got whacked in the fourth or fifth round of layoffs in her company.

OK- the day can't be all bad- I go to the gym after work and thrash myself for a couple of hours, and leave feeling totally wasted but good in that post-workout buzz.

I walk in the door, hit the button on the answering machine, and hear a very serious voice from my credit card company telling me to immediately call them.

Have I made any purchases from QVC in the past two days? Multiple charges from an online dating service? Charges to a company in Denmark? And so on. :mad2: :mad2:

I'm really glad that it's almost Friday- I'm not sure I could take too much more of this week.....

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
hey! someone stole my CC number this week, too! i was gonna buy some disc wheels and brakes for my cx/trailer pulling bike this weekend. guess it will have to wait until i get my new card...in a week or two.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Well, yeah, but the 600,000 people who got laid off...

I know what you mean--it's been a tough week for me, too.
On the other hand, 20 percent of the people I used to work with are on the street this week, hoping something will turn up before they lose their homes or can't pay their kids' tuition. Think they'd trade with us?

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I know she's not alone in being out of work- but it still sucks for her, this having been her first "professional" job. And I'm also sincerely appreciative of my own status as a gainfully employed person.

The CC thing really pisses me off- I'd love to know which gas station/restaurant/other person snagged the number

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Hang in there, buddy...

I hear stories like this (from REAL people, as opposed to faceless statistics) about layoffs, and don't know whether to feel grateful to have a pretty recession-proof career, or to feel a twinge of guilt when so many others are losing their livelihoods.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
The CC should be ok....I had something similar happen. They caught it, issued me a new card, and I never saw a penny of the charges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts