Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last year I've been training on Bontrager Race Lite Hardcases (bleach), 700*25C's. At the end of last race, I got off the bike and (dear god!) found 6 cuts in the tire. Convinced my parents to let me get a new tire, and I got a Race Lite 700*23. Immediately noticed a difference in rolling resistance, and generally a ride i liked a lot more.
Up till this point I didn't see any difference between training tires and "race tires", but well, even if it's mental, I like it :D .
So basically, I have no idea what tires are out there, I want to get a pair of race tires, Clincher, 23's preferably since they're so universal. Wear is not an issue, as they'd be for race only.
Suggestions, please?

·
Registered
21,784 Posts
Lots of choices

estone2 said:
So basically, I have no idea what tires are out there, I want to get a pair of race tires, Clincher, 23's preferably since they're so universal. Wear is not an issue, as they'd be for race only. Suggestions, please?
What you could do is look at the offerings from from Colorado Cyclist, La Bicicletta, Excel, etc. and see what they are selling. A high end tire from Continental, Vredestein, Michelin, Vittoria, Veloflex, etc. would serve you well. While there are those with a passion for one particular tire, there's really not much difference. Shop by price or color, whichever floats your boat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.