Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 277874
I just received my first Pinarello Paris frame (Team Sky model). The dealers in my city didn't have the frame that I wanted so I Purchased it from a Pinarello dealer in another city and had it shipped to me.
When I received the frame it came in a Orbea box ,but I was so excited that I didn't take much notice of it. Upon inspecting the frame I noticed that there were scuff marks and where the serial number is on the bottom it was dirty. To me it looked like the frame was not new (maybe a demo or return).
I got the frame at 50% off so I cleaned it up, but it bothered me because the frame was advertised as new. I emailed the dear today and he told me that frame was indeed new and it must have been over spray on the frame that looked like dirt.
I also didn't receive a manual/guide or anything like that with my bike.
I was just wondering if that was normal or is this shop trying to pull a fast one on me by sell me a demo frame as new
View attachment 277872
Bottom dirty with what I think is road grime, but the dealer says is over pray.
View attachment 277873

·
Registered
908 Posts
View attachment 277874
I just received my first Pinarello Paris frame (Team Sky model). The dealers in my city didn't have the frame that I wanted so I Purchased it from a Pinarello dealer in another city and had it shipped to me.
When I received the frame it came in a Orbea box ,but I was so excited that I didn't take much notice of it. Upon inspecting the frame I noticed that there were scuff marks and where the serial number is on the bottom it was dirty. To me it looked like the frame was not new (maybe a demo or return).
I got the frame at 50% off so I cleaned it up, but it bothered me because the frame was advertised as new. I emailed the dear today and he told me that frame was indeed new and it must have been over spray on the frame that looked like dirt.
I also didn't receive a manual/guide or anything like that with my bike.
I was just wondering if that was normal or is this shop trying to pull a fast one on me by sell me a demo frame as new
View attachment 277872
Bottom dirty with what I think is road grime, but the dealer says is over pray.
View attachment 277873
It looks new to me. If that was road grime the other stickers would be dirty too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a question about the pinarello oversized bottom bracket. I am about to order the shimano ultegra groupset and wanted to know if I needed to get a different bottom bracket or is there just a standard size?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.