Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I go out for a ride, nothing spectacular, just a short 25 miler. It's maybe 95 degrees. I don't see a single rider out the entire ride. Not one. Nobody to wave at or ignore. The only people I see at all are some football players practicing. I guess football players are tougher than bike riders. I was disappointed cause with all of the trash talking that goes on here about what so-and so would do to a driver if said driver cut him off or some such trash, bla,bla,bla. I thought bikers were the meanest people going.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Tough AND sensible. AFAIK, nobody here's training for a TdF win. I've been slacking off running all week, once the temperature breaks, I won't be that much worse for the slacking.

·
Tactle-neck
865 Posts
Speak for yourself. I woke this morning, pounded a beet smoothie and benched eleventy clowns.

·
What the what???
12,600 Posts
Yesterday I go out for a ride, nothing spectacular, just a short 25 miler. It's maybe 95 degrees. I don't see a single rider out the entire ride. Not one. Nobody to wave at or ignore. The only people I see at all are some football players practicing. I guess football players are tougher than bike riders. I was disappointed cause with all of the trash talking that goes on here about what so-and so would do to a driver if said driver cut him off or some such trash, bla,bla,bla. I thought bikers were the meanest people going.
Did you shoot someone and get some vigilante justice before, or after, your ride today? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tough AND sensible. AFAIK, nobody here's training for a TdF win. I've been slacking off running all week, once the temperature breaks, I won't be that much worse for the slacking.
Well it's a good thing nobody's training for the TDF cause it's over today.

Sometime slacking off is a good thing - othe times it just makes you weaker.

·
Super Moderator
40,020 Posts
The reason you didn't see any other bikers while you were busy ogling football players on your quarter-century is because they were all waiting at the fifty-mile food stop.

Next time, try riding longer than an hour-and-a-half.

Reactions: erj549

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
should of been in the The Hamptons (Long Island NY)..... over 1000 cyclists biking in the heat, many of them injured war veterans....many of then discharged/retired military... many of them reservists/guard.... and everyone else that came along for the ride....

Reactions: snapdragen

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
should of been in the The Hamptons (Long Island NY)..... over 1000 cyclists biking in the heat, many of them injured war veterans....many of then discharged/retired military... many of them reservists/guard.... and everyone else that came along for the ride....
Ted, you play a mean guitar. And I loved Kill it and Grill it. I'm a former Marine- oh rah!

·
Custom User Title
359 Posts
i'd rep you but i'm not tougher or meanest enough. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
40,020 Posts
Ted, you play a mean guitar. And I loved Kill it and Grill it. I'm a former Marine- oh rah!
Huh? I though it was "once a Marine, always a Marine."

·
What the what???
12,600 Posts
Opie, is that you? Nice to talk with you again.
You too, jarbiker. I would have chimed in sooner, but I was having trouble with the spandex panties... you understand.

Congrats, btw, on being an FM (oh, wait, that's Female Marine, not Former Marine)... and for confirming every negative stereotype folks have about us.

Before I officially put you on ignore and remove you entirely from my consciousness, I'll leave you with a thought: (because you could obviously use one)

Just because you can do a thing, does not mean that you should do a thing. This is what helps to separate human beings from... say... jackasses.

Enjoy stirring your pots.

·
donuts?
8,945 Posts
it was 104 yesterday and i went out and hammered out 30 miles. i saw more than a dozen people out riding, including and older gentleman on a cruiser wearing jeans. yeah, they grow them hard round these parts.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts