Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife had to come over on business, and since everything was paid for but my plane ticket, I managed to convince myself to come along. Rain on the windward side, but not bad up on the north shore and in the high 70s-low 80s in Honolulu. If only I had a bike...or if the rental places had anything fit . . . or if I weren't so full of fish and mai tais. . .

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
go jump in the toilet bowl!

if you're on waikiki looking at the ocean walk left around the land that juts out(diamond head? diamond bar? its what they always show during sporting events on TV when they break to a commercial). on the back side is a small channel which terminates in the toilet bowl. Be careful...you must time when you jump in with when the waves make it back.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
It was 66 when I left the house this morning and the sign at Pearl Harbor said 68, but that was at 5:20am. It was around 78 when I rode home this afternoon and I had a sprinkle or two around Aiea and Pearl City but otherwise just a nice tailwind. I plan on going to Honolulu tomorrow to pick up my race packet for Sunday's time trial out in Makaha (North of Waianae).

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Cory said:
My wife had to come over on business, and since everything was paid for but my plane ticket, I managed to convince myself to come along. Rain on the windward side, but not bad up on the north shore and in the high 70s-low 80s in Honolulu. If only I had a bike...or if the rental places had anything fit . . . or if I weren't so full of fish and mai tais. . .
I think I speak for all of us when I say BITE ME ;) ....(45 degrees and rainy in DFW)

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Cory said:
Not bad, but it's 70 degrees and sunny here in San Luis Obispo County. Plus, for those of use non-lazy/drunk bastids who will be riding, we don't have to deal with those nasty Hawaiian winds. ;) Enjoy the trip and the Mai-Tais. I'm hitting the road.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
SLO? bite me, I'm jealous. an old friend is the city planner for that city (Mike Codron). Got other friends in los osos....I miss cali....is bubblegum alley by slo brew still there?

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
SLO? bite me, I'm jealous. an old friend is the city planner for that city (Mike Codron). Got other friends in los osos....I miss cali....is bubblegum alley by slo brew still there?
The gum is still there and is especially delightful on hot summer days. However, SLO Brewing is now known at Downtown Brewing. I don't know if they changed ownership, but the beer and food seems exactly the same as it was before the name change. Later, I'm off to ride.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Cory said:
Sounds nice. Heading to Playa del Carmen tomorrow with the family for a week. Expecting similar temps as well as holding a bottomless margarita in my hand. SOme cruiser bikes there to ride--old and rusty, but they work.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Cory said:
It's been nice and about 60 here Cory... but we're due for an incoming system, they say possible flooding- then back to 45 by midweek. I've been out riding the nice weather for the last three days.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SLO's where I'd live if I were rich and famous....

mickey-mac said:
Not bad, but it's 70 degrees and sunny here in San Luis Obispo County. Plus, for those of use non-lazy/drunk bastids who will be riding, we don't have to deal with those nasty Hawaiian winds. ;) Enjoy the trip and the Mai-Tais. I'm hitting the road.
The south-central coast around SLO is about my favorite place in the world, all things considered. I like Hawaii but I think I'd burn out on it after while, plus I'm only here on vacation so I don't see the daily problems. I have relatives in SLO, and I could stand up under the stresses and strains of life down there pretty well, assuming that I made enough money to live in the same kind of near-urban rural area that I do in Reno. Which I don't, so it's all moot. But that's a nice area.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
It's not about the temperature. What's the humdity? It was only 8% here at 2PM. Hard to break out in a sweat.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
I took these today.

Here is some shots I took today at Waikiki. Overcast on and off and about 78 degrees. I got a little sun today, mostly on my solar spot on the back of my head.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
no more teasing allowed bigbill

where i live (columbus ohio) the forecast is always "partly cloudy with a chance of rain". the only place with worse weather is ithaca, ny where its never sunny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts