Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it imported all my old settings so now i dont have to come in saturday and do it like my boss thinks he was gonna have me do w00tw00t!

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
We just got our new laptops with 2010 - I think it took me a half hour to get rid of all the shiny new crap I could. I wish I'd thought to export/import settings from the old 2004 version.

As long as the command line is still there I'm happy.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Go in Saturday and get some OT while playing on the interwebz.

We just got 'upgraded' to Pro/e Wildfire 4. I don't like it.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I generally hate "upgrading" to a newer version of software especially after getting used to a barebones tweaked version for years then having to deactivate all the bells and whistles in the newer version, but since it imported my configuration settings from 2004 all i had to do was get rid of some unneccessary toolbars cluttering the workspace and its a painless transition.

//Saturday is hog weigh in/tagging for youth fair then taking my parents and wife to the Tampa Bay Rays game/Brett Micheals concert.....ima get hammered and show my ass to get back at Boo for embarrassing me in public.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
We just got our new laptops with 2010 - I think it took me a half hour to get rid of all the shiny new crap I could. I wish I'd thought to export/import settings from the old 2004 version.

As long as the command line is still there I'm happy.
I've only used 2010, but everybody keeps complaining about it. I don't mind it so much, except I can't remember where to find a couple of things unless I'm working in classic mode.

Whatever. I'll remember eventually.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
gutfiddle said:
ima get hammered and show my ass to get back at Boo for embarrassing me in public.

good plan you got there...:confused:

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
gutfiddle said:
I generally hate "upgrading" to a newer version of software especially after getting used to a barebones tweaked version for years then having to deactivate all the bells and whistles in the newer version, but since it imported my configuration settings from 2004 all i had to do was get rid of some unneccessary toolbars cluttering the workspace and its a painless transition.

//Saturday is hog weigh in/tagging for youth fair then taking my parents and wife to the Tampa Bay Rays game/Brett Micheals concert.....ima get hammered and show my ass to get back at Boo for embarrassing me in public.
I'll be drafting in my underwear and getting tanked. Mrs. StageHand won't be embarrassed, unless I go in to the shared lab to do it. If I had a second monitor, I'd have a baseball game on, but I don't so I won't.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,792 Posts
StageHand said:
I'll be drafting in my underwear and getting tanked. Mrs. StageHand won't be embarrassed, unless I go in to the shared lab to do it. If I had a second monitor, I'd have a baseball game on, but I don't so I won't.
You need to hack Flash in order to run full-screen flash on a second monitor.

Adobe disabled full-screen video on a 2nd unfocused monitor due to "security" concerns, just like Microsoft did with SilverPoop.

PS-I *highly* recommend a 2nd monitor.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DLMKA said:
good plan you got there...:confused:
i cant stand brett micheals but he's putting on a concert after the game and my dad got four tickets thru work, we have a hotel on st pete beach for the night and i'm wearing a faux brett micheals Rays mantank jersey custom puffy painted. Getting my mullet w/ stripes freshened up tonight that should be embarrassing enough.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
StageHand said:
I've only used 2010, but everybody keeps complaining about it. I don't mind it so much, except I can't remember where to find a couple of things unless I'm working in classic mode.
I try to make things as Release 14-ish as possible. It all went to hell after that. I like my Windows being shiny and pretty, but not my CAD software.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
'Upgrade' and 'Pro/E Wildfire' is an oxymoron.
That's why I put "upgrade" in quotes. They have made the rounds tool better but that's about all I can see. My old config file won't work with the new version so all my tricks, shortcuts, toolbars, mapkeys, etc are gone. Lovely. I guess it's a good thing I get paid either way.

·
Registered
236 Posts
AutoCad hasn't really changed much, other then the jump from a DOS based system to Windows. I statrted with version 2.5 back in 1985 or 86. For anyone involved in building design and construction, Revit is the software of the future, it is nothing like AutoCad and requires you to start from scratch when learning how it works. I spent half a day recently trying to get familiar with it and said the heck with it, the young engineer in our group has received training on it anyway. I'll take my lead holder, drafting table with straight edge, and all the other manual drafting tools one uses any day over the computer. To many newly minted architects and engineers and tech school grads are lead to believe that the computer aided drafting programs eliminate some of the thought process involved in design. Oh well I still use AutoCad 2011 for all my detailing work and its O.K.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeff G said:
I'll take my lead holder, drafting table with straight edge, and all the other manual drafting tools one uses any day over the computer.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
DLMKA said:
That's why I put "upgrade" in quotes. They have made the rounds tool better but that's about all I can see. My old config file won't work with the new version so all my tricks, shortcuts, toolbars, mapkeys, etc are gone. Lovely. I guess it's a good thing I get paid either way.
I meant the whole software sucks ass.

·
Custom User Title
760 Posts
gutfiddle said:
i cant stand brett micheals but he's putting on a concert after the game and my dad got four tickets thru work, we have a hotel on st pete beach for the night and i'm wearing a faux brett micheals Rays mantank jersey custom puffy painted. Getting my mullet w/ stripes freshened up tonight that should be embarrassing enough.
Pixx of thsi.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
grrrah said:
Just got 2010, and now the new boss wants to get microstation... hmmm.
Please tell him no. I have worked with both and MS is a pain in the arse to me.
That and every firm we work with are AC. Dealing with translated drawgings sucks.
It is never is as clean as it sould be.

Revit, we have it, but are not using it.

We are still on 2009 AC. Gutt, how do you like the 2011 version?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts