Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Napoleon Dynamite

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...for the 7th time. I can't get enough.

"How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?"

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:

i love when theyre at the resteraunt and uncle rico is wearing that tight blue shirt. when hes flexing and checking out his arms it kills me.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
On the flight to SD for the NCD gathering, the inflight movie was "Just Like Heaven". Definately a chicka flicka but the physic guy was kind of familiar. He had skills.

·
Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
I may be unfairly judging. It was quirky in a slightly annoying yet pseudo ironic funny way the first and only time I saw it in the local indie theatre. Then following its run through the commercial cineplexes and boom in popularity every fratty mcfratfrat and soriety girl replaced their banner "I'm Rick James b!tch" line with assorted lame *** lines from N.D.

HEY YOU WITH THE BACKWARDS HAT AND UPTURNED POLO COLLAR, SH*T ISN'T FUNNY ANY MORE.

sorry. < / rant off >

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
asterisk said:
I may be unfairly judging. It was quirky in a slightly annoying yet pseudo ironic funny way the first and only time I saw it in the local indie theatre. Then following its run through the commercial cineplexes and boom in popularity every fratty mcfratfrat and soriety girl replaced their banner "I'm Rick James b!tch" line with assorted lame *** lines from N.D.

HEY YOU WITH THE BACKWARDS HAT AND UPTURNED POLO COLLAR, SH*T ISN'T FUNNY ANY MORE.

sorry. < / rant off >
I missed this when it was big. I actually got it at Blockbuster when it was part of one of those 2 for $15 deals and I loved it. I think it's really original... I like the little nuances, like when Kip is making nachos... He looks at the chips and there's a little bit of cheese on the chips. The camera cuts and then there's a shot of him, but this time there a a pile of cheese about 1 foot high on the chips. The little things like that crack me up.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i thought it was funny......

i showed it to the dude i kayak with who is from montana, and he said "what's so funny about that? that's how people from idaho are."

whatever, i guess.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:

I usually like any kind of quirky different than the norm movie, but my wife and I couldn't make it past the first half hour. I feel like I should rent it again and give it a second chance.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
asterisk said:

sorry. < / rant off >
Fracking Hilarious.

·
Administrator
12,940 Posts
Not funny. Highly overrated.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
This movie is more divisive than Brokeback Mountain! I loved it. Did anyone notice how not one single 4 letter word was uttered nor were there any scenes of nudity, violence, or car chases? And yet it still gets a lot of Pub! I really thought it was funny, and original. Someone actually put some thought into the things they were doing.

"Do you think people think I'm a loser because I go home to Starla every night? How about Peter Pan over there?"

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I didn't realize that opinions were so divided over this movie. I'm surprised how split the votes are.

You guys who don't like this movie gots problems.

Next, you're probably gonna tell me you don't like Aqua Teen!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts