Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crack, a big'en. just above the BB shell at the base of the seat tube.
goes about 1/3 way around the tube on the drive side. I spent last night franticly puting back together my steel masi. She's ready to go for this weekends races. My big blunder was apaprently not being too careful at some point with my cassettes. My 11-21 8 speed got mixed up with some 9s cogs on the small end. No idea how the heck that happened but i'll have to do some good digging to get it all sorted properly. Grabbed a 12-23 instead to use.

Something tells me i'll be the only one out there racing on steel and shimano 600
kinda miss ridding that bike, we'll see how it does under me in a couple hours. The front end is a bit higher then what i'm used to but it's all good...

· Not Banned
49,249 Posts
example # ????

of why I will never spend thousands of dollars on a CF frame

would hate to have to inspect my bike befgore/after riding it

glad I'm too poor/slow to desire anything more than steel

· Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
atpjunkie said:
of why I will never spend thousands of dollars on a CF frame

would hate to have to inspect my bike befgore/after riding it

glad I'm too poor/slow to desire anything more than steel
I've never ridden a carbon bike...
it was magnesium, an early edition made in russia that were later found to have some quality issues with the tubing blend. They company has since moved all its tube extruding and welding into the states. I'll be on another of their bikes eventualy. (the bike also had about 40k miles on it, so it's seen some time)

my steel steed stood up to the job. My shimano 600 left me wishing i had my campy but it didn't fail on me. Got into a couple breaks in the second half of the crit, we got caught with 4 to go, calf cramped up good, rode though it, took 5th in the bunch sprint. Another 2 upgrade points :D

hopefully i'll hold the tempetation of jumping away as much tomorow and save more for the sprint.

· Not Banned
49,249 Posts
cracked magnesium, uck

still succesful on the steel steed
don't you know you're not supposed to do well on such archaic technology????

heck just get a new gruppo for the Masi

· Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've though about just moving over the campy chours i've got on the broken frame, it's got to come off anyway...

might be a while before i can afford a crash replacment, still a great deal but i just bought a new roof this past week. If the wife lands a good new job that will change the tune, but running a tight ship these days.

got my hopes up for tonight at states. I'm still really feeling the cramp in my left calf. Gonna take a quick spin and try to work it out.

· Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm on a 54 but should hear tomorow what the deal is with getting a crash replacement frame. Worst case i can get one for a killer price anyway. So i'm not too concerned, just a matter of timing hopefully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.