Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've done that several times with my scout troop but not all in one day. The part between port myaka and pahokee is under construction so I would call south florida water management in Clewiston to make sure you can get around that section. Also, it is bumpier than hell between clewiston and lakeport as that portion I do not believe is paved unless they have paved it in the last year. But the times that I did the trips were the funnest (is that a word?) scout trips that I went on. I saw the picture of the gator a few posts up and I don't think that was from the Lake Okeechobee Scenic Trail. It's way smaller than the ones we saw on the trail. You may see a few 15-18 footers between Okeechobee and port myakka in the canal between the dike and the road. Also, I have only done this trip on a mountain bike due to unpaved areas. If you could have a road bike for paved and mountain bike for unpaved that would be ideal.

Edit: You need to call the Army Corps of Engineers in Clewiston, not South FLorida Water Management. (863) 983-8101

1 - 1 of 1 Posts