Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ever happened to that law professor (SMU was it?) that intentionally hit the bike rider? She still merrily driving around tapping those she disapproves of? - TF

·
Registered
365 Posts
Last I heard was a few months back and she was filing an appeal. My daughter is in the law school. According to her, the Prof definitely gets her due from everybody else. I think scumbag is probably used to describe her more often than not around campus.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'm glad the prosecutor took the case seriously enough to take take it to court. A lot of them would say "no one was killed, so it doesn't count". I hope they at least suspend her drivers license until the probation is over.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Wow, that leaves out a few details. IIRC, and I'm going off my bad memory, she was actually a cyclist(well cyclist is a strong word... she had a bike) as well going to the park (White Rock Lake) to ride. Also, they are/were both professors at SMU who had verbal spats in the past. He initially stated that it was grudge motivated, or something along that line since they had some pretty serious issues on a professional level. Man the memory gets fuzzy after a while. I'll have to see what I can find later when I have more time.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,894 Posts
Spoke Wrench said:
That's still a felony conviction. So what does that do to her license to practice law or, for that matter, to teach law?
I posed this question to my wife, an attorney. She responded thusly (and I paraphrase):

Here in NC, the licsense would not be revoked because of the felony. There are many practicing felonius (sp) attorneys with, for example: drug convictions and DWI convictions...
Now if this was a case of moral terpitude.......embezzlement of trust funds being the biggie,,,,,,,,our road raging barrister would be disbarred

It is my wife's opinion that the professor should at least be dismissed from the SMU Law School staff.............

The fact that she was driving a VW Pasatt and not an SUV does not get her any brownie points.........

b0nk

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris H said:
Wow, that leaves out a few details. IIRC, and I'm going off my bad memory, she was actually a cyclist(well cyclist is a strong word... she had a bike) as well going to the park (White Rock Lake) to ride. Also, they are/were both professors at SMU who had verbal spats in the past. He initially stated that it was grudge motivated, or something along that line since they had some pretty serious issues on a professional level. Man the memory gets fuzzy after a while. I'll have to see what I can find later when I have more time.
I have never heard any of this. Did you find a source???? - TF

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
bonkmiester said:
I posed this question to my wife, an attorney. She responded thusly (and I paraphrase):

Here in NC, the licsense would not be revoked because of the felony. There are many practicing felonius (sp) attorneys with, for example: drug convictions and DWI convictions...
Now if this was a case of moral terpitude.......embezzlement of trust funds being the biggie,,,,,,,,our road raging barrister would be disbarred

It is my wife's opinion that the professor should at least be dismissed from the SMU Law School staff.............

The fact that she was driving a VW Pasatt and not an SUV does not get her any brownie points.........

b0nk
She lost her job and her license to practice if I recall correctly.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
No, I looked around but didn't see anything. I can't see why I would remember details like that if I hadn't read it somewhere. Might have been in the local paper. When I have time I'll see what I can find. It might have even shown up in the Dallas Observer for all I know (technically speaking that is print media).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.