Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building up a caad8 and was looking to throw on fsa's slk light crankset. The bike is being built with mostly used parts off of ebay and the slk's availability has been an issue. I can however get them for just over 300 new. I have also considered the K-force (not the light) they are much more available and cheaper at that. From what i can tell their msrp is higher, but exactly is the difference? Do the Slk lights come with ceramic bearings like k-force lights do? I know the slks are lighter and imo look better.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
C-40 said:
Normally, I would suggest consulting the FSA website, but they seem to have no details on the SL-K light at the moment. I can tell you that you won't get a crank with ceramic bearings for $300.

If you really want a good value, get a Campy Chorus crank.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?cat=Chainsets%20Road
The SLK-Light is made the same way as the K-Force LIGHT, as the arms are hollow.
They come in 130 or 110mm sizing. No ceramic bearings.

here:

FSA SLK Light MegaExo Crankset

• The same superlight hollow carbon molding process as the K-Force Light cranks
  • Monocoque arm/spider with 24mm spindle bonded to drive arm
  • Integrated MegaExo bottom bracket with external bearing cups, fits 68mm English-threaded BB shells (Italian threaded cups sold separately: BTI #FS-0062) (new narrower overall width for a lower Q factor and the bearing covers have been redesigned so that the spindle now rides directly on the bearing itself)
  • Available in S-10 34/50t or 36/46t (compact 110mm BCD) or 39/53t (130mm BCD) CNC 7075 (Shimano 10sp) rings with ramps/pins
  • Includes 7075 aluminum Torx T-30 chainring bolts. 710g (w/ rings & BB)
  • S-10 designed for Shimano or Sram systems
  • C1 -10 desgined for Campagnolo systems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.