Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a good view today of an angry man trying to make some suicide motocross passes; then he accused people of cheating. Classy.

Can anyone shed some light on the quote? I was doing kids stuff and missed the live coverage. Who is he talking about?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Post Race Interview

If you go to this link, you can pull up the Jonathan Page USGP #2 interview. I'm a Page fan, but he does not come off well in this interview. His interview from day one was much better (and his son made a guest appearance).

http://www.cyclingdirt.org/

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I love Page but I think he's going through a bit of a mid-life crisis.

It can be frustrating when two guys so totally out-ride the rest of a really strong field over two days, and maybe you grasp for reasons.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Page was mad about Cyclocross world/Cannondale's "tactics" which amounted to a early questionable pass by T. Johnson (Page's viewpoint) before he checked out and dropped everyone. I wonder how they race in Europe?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Not the first time Page has accused TJ of cutting him in a corner. Didn't the same thing happen last year at a race on a corner going into a sand pit?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Page is comical to me. I remember seeing video of him and Wells at the start of Nationals a few years back and Page was throwing elbows like crazy, so much so that Wells said that he was riding like"a juiced up Euro" I wish I could find that video.
Mourey schooled him in the first 3 races and C-dale boys in the last 2, he needs to ride faster and talk less.

·
Registered
75 Posts
shomyoface said:
Page is a whiney cty baby. It appears that all of the other USGP riders think so also......
I can't remember where i saw it but Kabush had the front seat view for Page mixing it up with either Powers or Driscoll, probably Driscoll as Page finished behind him in the second race.

He certainly isn't making any more friends over here, perhaps the Euros will treat him better, he's not coming back for Nationals so hopefully Johnson or Powers can get it.

His interview on Saturday was totally different , but then he did podium .

He should look to the example of Ryan Trebon, Trebon is continually having a hard time with the Cannondale boys but you don't see him crying about it.

·
LA CHEVRE
2,475 Posts
Kabush's tweet after day 1:

Geoff Kabush said:
USGP highlight today: Was called a puss after taking my turn on the front. Always "that" one guy who isn't good at making friends.
Pretty sure it's about Page too, he refers to him as "that" one guy too in the interview with the twin towers.

No wonder Euro teams and sponsors didn't want Page... If he rode as well as he whines, he'd be mixing it up with Nys, Albert and Stybar!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
such a shame that Page did it at his sponsor's race too. katie compton wasn't even supposed to compete, but raced since it was her sponsor's race. then whooped the field. page you take notes on how to be a pro.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Regardless of how emotional you are after a race, you can't say things like "thank God this is my last race in America for a while." Well, I guess you can say say it but be prepared to look like a prissy little tool bag. Bon voyage Deuche, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

·
Registered
17 Posts
BadBoyNY said:
He should look to the example of Ryan Trebon, Trebon is continually having a hard time with the Cannondale boys but you don't see him crying about it.
+1

I gotta say, Trebon used to rub me the wrong way with his arrogance. Now I think I "get" him." He speaks with his actions on the course and he speaks his mind off the course but doesn’t whine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
From what I took away from the post race interview with TJ, where Page interrupts, it looks and sounds like both were kinda apologizing to each other. Page did seem pissed but I think he wanted to make sure Johnson knew that he wasn't "intentionally" trying to take him out. This is exactly what the US Elite Cross scene needs. Good ol' friendly "kick you in the teeth" hard racing. The level of the sport is certainly elevating with guys like Page, Johnson, Trebon, Powers, etc.. I want to see them go after it. None of this hand holding, peace, love and understanding crap. Leave that for the Master B's.

And why the hell are people hatin' on Page because he races in Europe? If Page is finishing consistant Top 20 in Europe then that further supports the increasing level of racing here in the US.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'd like to know the timing of the Page and TJ interview videos. Was Page hot under the collar before going over to TJ and having their "I'm sorry" session or after. Regardless, it seems Page could use some media training. The curtness and tone of his interview is not cool. Regardless of what he is feeling inside, he should be able to pull out a "it was a tough day out there, I'm disappointed, but TJ had my number today".

·
LA CHEVRE
2,475 Posts
Rouleur said:
From what I took away from the post race interview with TJ, where Page interrupts, it looks and sounds like both were kinda apologizing to each other. Page did seem pissed but I think he wanted to make sure Johnson knew that he wasn't "intentionally" trying to take him out. This is exactly what the US Elite Cross scene needs. Good ol' friendly "kick you in the teeth" hard racing. The level of the sport is certainly elevating with guys like Page, Johnson, Trebon, Powers, etc.. I want to see them go after it. None of this hand holding, peace, love and understanding crap. Leave that for the Master B's.

And why the hell are people hatin' on Page because he races in Europe? If Page is finishing consistant Top 20 in Europe then that further supports the increasing level of racing here in the US.
Sounded more like he was telling he wasn't wrong (because Page never thinks he's wrong) but that TJ was wrong and asked for the apology. Tim apologized but seemed a bit confused, perhaps not believing Page was actually stepping into a live interview to whine again.

Who's hating Page because he races in Europe? :confused: People don't like his attitude, nobody thinks he's a not a good rider or that racing in Europe is wrong...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts