Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the first 2 legs of the Kansas 70.3 with Brent from work. Tons of head wind and nice hills. Great area to ride - wish it was closer. 5 dogs in 40 mi! 4 chased - smallest was a Chihuahua and the largest, a Great Dane! Quad cramps set in at about 35mi so we called it at the cross. 85 degrees with the headwind and only two water bottles? Just not enough to do the whole route. A few hours after we left, they had tornados in the area. Told you it was windy!
Hope I don't cramp on Sunday for the full 56mi. Will eat and drink like crazy and at 8am should be cooler and less windy.

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it was no less windy but we all had the same conditions. Great route with 2400ft of long climbing. I enjoyed passing so many TT bikes with bottle launchers while spinning up the hills on a road bike. No dogs. I see they called the race after we left the area due to a thunder storm. Our relay team and most of our friends finished before that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.