Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came from the Twin Cities which has tons of road bike paths and is very biker friendly. Where are some good places to go on my road bike where I won't get run over?

Which is the best bike shop for road bikers?

Thanks!

ps - I live in the Brookside area.

· Registered
57 Posts
vunje said:
Just came from the Twin Cities which has tons of road bike paths and is very biker friendly. Where are some good places to go on my road bike where I won't get run over?

Which is the best bike shop for road bikers?

Thanks!

ps - I live in the Brookside area.
Your best bet is probably to hook up with some of the local group rides, then work out your favorite routes from there. For the local clubs, check out KCBC.org, cowtowncycling.com, brbcracing.com, kcbike.com, jcbikeclub.org, localcycling.com, and a few others that I can't think of right now. Most of those sites have weekly rides posted. Regardless of how fast you prefer to pedal, I'm sure you can find a ride to suit your tastes. If you are interested in the MTB side, try earthriders.com. If you are just looking for a leasurely MUT type ride, check out the Trolley Trail. If you are a racer, kscycling.org has a regional race calendar posted.

As far as shops go, everyone has their favorites. Stop in, say hi & decide if you like what you see.

BTW, welcome to KC.

· Registered
57 Posts
vunje said:
You mention for me to stop in and say hi, but you didn't say where?

JB
I meant stop in any one of them. I'm not a major fan of the shop out there in Brookside, but some people are. Then there is the Trek Store and BikeSource for the larger shops in town. Bike America (on 95th) has a stockpile of odds & ends if you need some old part. Up north there is the Wheel and that one just off of Barry Rd & I-29. More downtown/midtown there is RiverMarket Cyclery, Acme, & Midwest Cyclery. Then a bit more south there is Leawood and head west for Bike Stop.

Like I said, everyone has their favorites. Stop by some of them when you get the chance, drool over the shiny new bikes and introduce yourself.

· scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
There is lots of places... I have no clue as to your fitness, but there is a ride at 75th Street brewery right there off of Wornall on tuesdays at 6:30, the Jerrys Bait Shack at about 95th and Quivera ride on Monday at 6:30. On thursday, at 71st and Mission there is another Prarie Village Yaght club at 6:30. Johnson County Bicycle Club....

http://www.jcbikeclub.org will have all the local stuff, I think this to be more moderate stuff.

If you are looking to really mash and have the legs to do it, then there are some stupid fast rides a little east of you on Tues, Wed, Thurs and Saturday.

Tuesday starts in downtown Lees Summit, Wednsday starts at the Bike Shack in Grandview, Thursday starts at Summit Bikes in Lees Summit, and Saturday there is the Big Dog ride at Einstein Bagels in Blue Springs.

Kansas likely has some stuff, like I think they are starting their tuesday night crits soon, and there might be others here and there.

There are lots of good shops, Trek store is ok, there is one on State Line I think, there is Bike Shack, Summit Bikes, Bike Source, Bike Stop... all within a 20 mile radius give or take... pm me if you have any other specific questions, Id be glad to help... welcome to the KC area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.