Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Snakebitten said:
Any thoughts on the KCNC CB1 Road Brake as compared to the Cane Creeks I got that came stock with my Moto IM?

http://fairwheelbikes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=84_3&products_id=782
From several reports from my testers and customers, the reviews are pretty good. Very cose to DA and Record with ower but light as Zero Gravity.
I sold a whole bunch if that matters.

Unless you really try to cut some weight, overall fell won't be a huge difference over the CC brakes.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Never used the cane creek brakes, but I had zero gravity brakes for over 3 years and switched this year to the kcnc brakes-- a little less stopping power than the zg's but not much difference at all- and the kcnc brakes are much easier to setup and keep centered-- only issue in setup w/ them was for using power cordz cables-- I had to drill out the adjusting bolt w/ a 7/64 bit to allow the power cordz liner thru-- otherwise the bolt would shred the cordz. Took all of 2 minutes to solve.

·
Air Force
280 Posts
I had 05 ZG's and I thought that they were a great improvement. I switched out the stock pads for Swiss stops and they are just as strong as Record brakes and are really really light.

·
Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
SEK82089 said:
I had 05 ZG's and I thought that they were a great improvement. I switched out the stock pads for Swiss stops and they are just as strong as Record brakes and are really really light.
I been on them for a couple of months. Great stoppers provided you ditch the stock pads. I use SwissStop green for aluminum rims and SwissStop yellow for my carbon rims.

·
Embrace your inner Fred
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. Ill wait and see how my CC perform with the cool stop brake pads once they come since you say it isnt a big difference between the two. If Im not satisfied Ill be hittin you up Dirt Boy for a set of those KCNC. ZG's are way too much for me to justify at this point considering how low my skills and stamina are but I got my eye on them for a future upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.