Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting a new frame in about a month and I currently use Nokons all stock (no different liner or cables) with my 2006 Record group. No perfromance complaints but it's a good excuse to get something else if it's worth it. My only complaint with Nokons is I live about 12 miles from the ocean and some oxidation is showing on them and I'm not that happy about it.

Don't mess with success or try something else?

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
info...

I've never had a problem with stock Campy cables. If you want a really nice upgrade, try 2009 Centaur ergo levers that come with a new Campy cable set (worth about $40). Probably under $200 from the UK.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
ejr13 said:
Thanks C-40. Do you lube your cables? I know there are other threads on that topic. Just thought I'd ask you while your here.
Not really necessary. Except for some exotic stuff, Campy and DA cables are stainless and will last as long as they last and with routine maintenance and cleaning and replace when necessary.

I ride with DA cables and Campy cables, and out of habit mostly, I put a small dab of waterproof grease in the ferrule before seating the housing. I have no idea if it is effective or even necessary, but I have never had a cable issue. I have never even suffered the Shimano derailleur cable fray inside the STI shifter. (I rub some guitar nut grease - essentially graphite - near the cable stops) again, I have no idea if it is effective, but I have yet to suffer from these common issues.

zac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.