Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm face with a big decision. My LBS has a good deal on a demo super6 2 for under $3.7k. Before I found out the deal, I already bought upgraded components for my Synapse (but haven't put them on yet), Compact FSA K-light crank & Sram red 10 speed cassette (currently 105 triple). Is it a good deal/ worth it or should I keep my Synapse. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Sell all your parts and get the Super Six.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Go broke in style and a fast bike.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Depends

It depends on what you are using the Cannondale for. If you are into racing, fast hills, or just want to have the best, then get the SuperSix. If you are using your bike for touring or long rides in the country, the Synapse is the better choice.

·
Registered
180 Posts
MarkZeus said:
I'm face with a big decision. My LBS has a good deal on a demo super6 2 for under $3.7k. Before I found out the deal, I already bought upgraded components for my Synapse (but haven't put them on yet), Compact FSA K-light crank & Sram red 10 speed cassette (currently 105 triple). Is it a good deal/ worth it or should I keep my Synapse. Thanx in advance.

Just send me the Red grouppo, so you don't have to worry about it any longer and buy yourself that nice new Super6. Haha:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx guys, I brought it home today. It seem to fit me better than my synapse with same size (50 cm). I'm pretty happy with it, I like to go fast & always trying to beat my PR so a super6 is an ideal bike for me. It is just as comfortable as the Synapse but stiffer. The Sram Force double tap takes a little bit to get used to and also the compact chain ring. My Synapse and upgrade parts will be auctioned off on ebay in a few days.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
congrat on your new toy enjoy and post some pics.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
eldarko said:
Congrats, that was a great deal. I just saw a used Super Six 2 on ebay go for $3,400. Nice thing is you get the warranty, and get to support your LBS.

Have you gotten a chance to weight it?
Thanx guys. So far so good and it came with a full warranty and a year free tune-up from my LBS. I haven't gotten an accurate weight of it yet but the mechanic said they weigh a 54cm s6 2 and it was 15.5 with no pedals so I'm guestimating under 15.3 with no pedals? It's taking a little bit of getting used to and dialed in for my liking, well it's only been 2 days. Also I've converted to road spd (Ultegra SL) from mountain. I got rid of the Fizik Arione saddle to my old Terry Fly although a bit heavy but comfy for the long haul. I'll try to take some pix in a couple of days and I'm getting ready for a century ride event "Flying Wheels" tomorrow, wish me luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
s2ktaxi said:
Hi Mark - look out for my white Super Six... at Flying Wheels... which LBS did you get it from? I have a friend looking for a 50 or 52cm S6...
Very nice event! to bad I missed ya. Maybe I'll see you there next year. Other than a mishap with the seatpost loosening, I had an awesome time my second time there. I picked up my S6 at http://www.silverdalecyclery.com/ here in Silverdale. Oh just remembered, they may have a demo S6 bike FS, but a 54 though :( I think.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.