Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having knee problems so I'm going to lay off the bike for at least a week and a half but I have no idea how to keep my fitness level up in the interim. About all I can think of is swimming. Is there something I can do that will keep me aerobically up to snuff but will give my knee a rest? Or do I even need to worry about it for a week and a half?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
10 days isn't all that much. You won't lose much fitness at all. Rests of that legnth are important just for letting your body recover. (mental recovery as well) Often pain like a knee dictates when that is going to happen.

Don't worry too much about it. Avoid goarging on bad food and enjoy the time away. You'll be itching to get back on anway. Be set for a good training block on your return.

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
As long as you cut back the calories appropriately and eat well, you should be fine.

IF you're really worried about losing peak speed, you could throw in one or two really short workouts with a lot of easy spinning and one or two anaerobic jams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.