Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my frame from Kelly, after he and it returned from NAHBS. I will be building it up in the next week. The paint looks great!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Stunning

I could stare at that bottom bracket all night.

A true masterpiece, from a true master.

How do you plan on building it up?

Is that a Serotta F3 fork? Why didn't you have him make you a steel one?

Sorry for all the questions, but you really made my day by posting this.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Super construction! +1 on that bottom bracket. That is top notch! :thumbsup:

Now if it were only painted red. :)

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,086 Posts
It looks wet.

Stunning!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just finished building up my new bike and have had a few good rides on it.

I am super happy with how the components look on the bike. I was not sure about the black wheels, crank, and post, but I think they look really good!

The bike also built up pretty light, I need to get it on a more accurate scale, but the bathroom scale says 18 lbs. Not too bad for mostly Ultegra parts.

It definitely rides nice and the fit is great, much better than my old bike. It is much more comfortable in the drops now.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The bike is really beautiful. I like it a lot.

except...

Black parts! Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

In my opinion it would have looked much better with all shiny hardware and white tape/saddle. Barring that (I know, crazy expensive to change all your hardware) I think that white tape and saddle would stll look great with that paint job.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Really nice job! Love the frame workmanship and the color. Nice selection of components too. Have fun with it. Still snow on the ground there?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice! Come on. Tell us more. What tubeset is it? What fork did you choose? That's pretty light for a steel bike that size. What tube diameters and thickness did you pick? Oh btw, are the head tube/ down tube and top tube junctions TIG welded or fillet-brazed. I can't tell from the pic.

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
You did a nice job picking all the right colors. I hate it when someone throws on a red or green headset for no reason. You kept it clean and simple and that makes all the difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts