Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost 20.1 pounds as of this am.....:) ;)

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Combination

Friction_Shifter said:
from what to what over how much time? excercising mostly? combo excercise/diet? mostly diet? just curious.

better food choices, not necessarily dieting, and HEAVY cycling...LOTS of intervals indoors on the trainer. Went from 232 last December to 212 now.:D

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
physasst said:
better food choices, not necessarily dieting, and HEAVY cycling...LOTS of intervals indoors on the trainer. Went from 232 last December to 212 now.:D
I'm ramping up the cycling now as well (if only the snow would cooperate). Am at about 200 now--19% BF. Need to drop 15-20 by this summer and reduct the fat. Not dieting, but eat pretty sensibly 90% of the time. I like my beer so that isn't in my favor, but everything in moderation seems to be the best for me--otherwise I get really grumpy. I hate feeling deprived of anything. Diets are not for me.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
No cycling for me - still too much snow on the ground. I still weigh 64 kg (140 lbs), but am playing lots of hockey and skiing. As for eating, I try and eat sensibly. Chips are my weakness; a bag of old style potato chips doesn't last long around me...
Cheers, Wayne

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
wayneanneli said:
No cycling for me - still too much snow on the ground. I still weigh 64 kg (140 lbs), but am playing lots of hockey and skiing. As for eating, I try and eat sensibly. Chips are my weakness; a bag of old style potato chips doesn't last long around me...
Cheers, Wayne
140lbs!!! You, Ben and Yarble would all be in the same wrestling class. Way to go Wayne...you hill climbing machine.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I'm ramping up the cycling now as well (if only the snow would cooperate). Am at about 200 now--19% BF. Need to drop 15-20 by this summer and reduct the fat. Not dieting, but eat pretty sensibly 90% of the time. I like my beer so that isn't in my favor, but everything in moderation seems to be the best for me--otherwise I get really grumpy. I hate feeling deprived of anything. Diets are not for me.
202 here and i just started eating again recently. literally. but i'm also lifting quite a bit. almost back to a couple hrs daily.

not on the bike yet. memories and like that. when i own the riding again, i will ride.

in the meantime, i'm tearing up the gym, and swimming a bit. but just a bit.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Cheers, Wayne
same...I just don't buy chips except for special occasions. What you have in the house you will eat.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
202 here and i just started eating again recently. literally. but i'm also lifting quite a bit. almost back to a couple hrs daily.

not on the bike yet. memories and like that. when i own the riding again, i will ride.

in the meantime, i'm tearing up the gym, and swimming a bit. but just a bit.
You and I must be near body doubles. For a contest I got down to about 190 and 9%BF, but it was a major PITA to eat that clean and I was getting big time gym burnout. Messed up my rotators with all the lifting I was doing. I can eat clean no problem, but cutting out booze and the occasional pizza makes me really grumpy.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
same...I just don't buy chips except for special occasions. What you have in the house you will eat.
You got that right. I keep telling my wife to stop buying all the crap because I can't stop eating it. It's a good thing I don't gain weight.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Hey John,
I've always weighed between 63 and 64 kgs, so I'm at pretty much my normal weight. As for the hill climbing, that is certainly where my strength lies. With my size, I'm certainly no clyde like BJ and Bigbill and ATP; I would prefer to be their draft for an hour ;).

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep

Bocephus Jones II said:

too much snow here in Minnesota too....Riding my as* off on the trainer though, over an hour every night. and not just light riding, doing intervals. CTS DVD and watching the sweet 16.....every time someone nails a three pointer, I do a one minute all out standing interval......the game on friday night just about killed me..

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
but cutting out booze and the occasional pizza makes me really grumpy.
yup, booze and pizza (and mexican) makes me real f*cking irritated.

i fluxuate on the bodyfat%, but i'm fairly lean with a wee belly and formerly-big-thighs. still wear a couple sizes too big in jeans, in the waist, to accommodate the stumps.

i'm 6'2" etc etc. seen yer pic, we're about the same, you're a good 3-5% less bf than me, maybe. as i ain't been riding...

then again, who can trust tanita scales all that much? i mean, $40??????

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Hey John,
I've always weighed between 63 and 64 kgs, so I'm at pretty much my normal weight. As for the hill climbing, that is certainly where my strength lies. With my size, I'm certainly no clyde like BJ and Bigbill and ATP; I would prefer to be their draft for an hour ;).
Right now ATP could tow me...getting my cycling legs back after taking it way too easy this winter. Riding the Spin bike today--tempo riding to AC/DC...painful. If I could drop 20 pounds I'd be a climbing monster. I usually have no problems TTing or keeping speeds on flats, but when the climbing starts I suffer.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Hey John,
I'm 6' and about 12 stone and my hill climbing abilities are pathetic. I like drafting off the big guys too. It makes for a much more enjoyable ride...unless they are gassy. :eek:

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
yup, booze and pizza (and mexican) makes me real f*cking irritated.

i fluxuate on the bodyfat%, but i'm fairly lean with a wee belly and formerly-big-thighs. still wear a couple sizes too big in jeans, in the waist, to accommodate the stumps.

i'm 6'2" etc etc. seen yer pic, we're about the same, you're a good 3-5% less bf than me, maybe. as i ain't been riding...

then again, who can trust tanita scales all that much? i mean, $40??????
yeah...I'm just going by the same Tanita though--when it said I was 9% I was freakin ripped. Had the 6 pack and everything. Wasn't worth it for all the dieting I had to do to maintain though. I mainly gain weight in the proverbial spare tire region--being relatively tall I can hide most of that under a sweater in the winter, but come summer it needs to go. I never gain weight on legs or arms.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
vol245 said:
I'm 6' and about 12 stone and my hill climbing abilities are pathetic. I like drafting off the big guys too. It makes for a much more enjoyable ride...unless they are gassy. :eek:
Stay away from J's and I after a night of beer and Mexican food then. :eek:

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Right now ATP could tow me...getting my cycling legs back after taking it way too easy this winter. Riding the Spin bike today--tempo riding to AC/DC...painful. If I could drop 20 pounds I'd be a climbing monster. I usually have no problems TTing or keeping speeds on flats, but when the climbing starts I suffer.
I hate trainers, so I just hope that hockey and skiing will be a good enough start to my cycling season. I'm no masher, so just being able to keep up at the back of the pack is enough for me :) . Actually, we don't have any snow left on the main roads, but still too much ice and gravel on the sides to make riding safe or enjoyable.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
yeah...I'm just going by the same Tanita though--when it said I was 9% I was freakin ripped. Had the 6 pack and everything. Wasn't worth it for all the dieting I had to do to maintain though. I mainly gain weight in the proverbial spare tire region--being relatively tall I can hide most of that under a sweater in the winter, but come summer it needs to go. I never gain weight on legs or arms.
i gained quite a bit in arms, back, and thighs, working out. but yeah, i got down to around 175 at one point, and it was completely miserable, no matter what i supplemented or ate two-fisted...NEVER again. i'd rather be 200+ and happy than 175 and freakin' starving all the time.

never drank so much water in my life, and coffee, trying to avoid the hunger...

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
vol245 said:
I just feel that I'm such a small guy, relatively speaking, that the only person I would be able to draft for would be BJ's grandmother. I'm assuming that I would have be gased pretty quickly on the fast group San Diego ride that included Bigbill, Atp and Svend - poor Il Sogno, she must have been dying at the back.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts