Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Opus was just napping
22,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Borrowed a cam this weekend and popped a couple of quick pics of the bike. Thought about putting this in P.Only but think you get out more than I do to the other forums. ;)

Yes Mrs. Thatsmybush lets me work on my bikes in the living room.

·
Opus was just napping
22,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have owned many frames, (way too many)...and this is the best bike. Between the custom fit and the ride quality of steel. Damn skippy!

·
Opus was just napping
22,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SDizzle said:
Oh man... It looks as nice as it looks, that's for sure. I like shaped- and big-tube steel. Is it fillet brazed or welded?

Are those 2006 Zondas?
It is TIG...the Zondas are 05.

I love the tubing too! Gives it a strong look imo.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,793 Posts
Sweet

thatsmybush said:
It is TIG...the Zondas are 05.

I love the tubing too! Gives it a strong look imo.

Sweet ride bud.....enjoy....I'm frothing with jealousy now...

·
Opus was just napping
22,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
physasst said:
Sweet ride bud.....enjoy....I'm frothing with jealousy now...
Inside shots don't do the metallic blue justice...if I get the chance I'll take some afternoon outdoor pics. It shines in the sunlight.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
thatsmybush said:
Inside shots don't do the metallic blue justice...if I get the chance I'll take some afternoon outdoor pics. It shines in the sunlight.
Please do. :)

If I ever get myself a high-zoot bike, it will either be a Strong or a Look. Steel is real and I'm a sissy about breaking a $5k frame.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Wow bush, that is one nice Strong. I can't really tell, but is it Campy equipped? What size is it? BTW, Anneli also let's me do bicycle mechanics in the house...but to be honest, I'm looking forward to having a house where I can build my own work room.
Cheers, Wayne

·
Opus was just napping
22,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wayneanneli said:
Wow bush, that is one nice Strong. I can't really tell, but is it Campy equipped? What size is it? BTW, Anneli also let's me do bicycle mechanics in the house...but to be honest, I'm looking forward to having a house where I can build my own work room.
Cheers, Wayne
Campy Chorus, Zonda wheels.

I have to agree with Big Bill. I have a place I "could" turn into a work space...but you see I have the Big Screen and the Dish in the living room. No keggerator...but I gave up alcohol for two months to jump start my half iron training...dying a slow death.;)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Glad I found this thread. TMB, I'm gathering parts for my new Strong build (frame should be done around the end of June!). Like you, I have a Chorus group and have been debating wheel choices. I think I've narrowed it down to Campy Eurus or Zonda. I can get the Eurus for ~590 or the Zonda for ~360. It seems the more I read, the key difference is 120 grams, possibly from a Ti pawl carrier in the Eurus hub (vs. steel in the Zonda). I weigh 205, so a difference of 120g for an extra $230 seems kind of pointless to me.

So, can I get your impression of the Zondas? How big are you?

Any other Zonda users?

Thanks,
Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.