Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering an upgrade to KEO carbons for one bike. Will the new KEO cleats work in the older pedals? I know the older cleats won't work with the KEO pedal. I got two other bikes with the older pedals (386, 176), and don't want two pairs of shoes (IF I can help it!).

Anyone with actual experience? Thank you!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
They won't work they're different shape.

As for the older pedals, you can get a pair of Keo Classics for about $50 shipped from Pro Bike Kit and the Sprints are about $75. I have a wild guess that either of those would be comparable in terms of weight and quality to your older Looks, but I've never used them so only you can decide if it would be worthwhile to change them all over and avoid the cost of two pair of shoes.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
You can still buy "Delta" compatable pedals from Performance and Nashbar.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
You can also find after market cleats for Look Delta pedals. Just use the screws from your old Look cleats. I had problems with the after market screws. Soft material and the washers won't hold in place..

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
OperaLover said:
Looks like I need new shoes! (My wife will not be happy . . .)
Think about doing it the other way; i.e., buying new keo peals for the other bikes. As Camilo noted, you can get the lower-end models pretty inexpensively. Or if you ride one of the bikes only rarely, just swap pedals when you use that bike. It only takes a minute to remove and install pedals. Personally, I wouldn't like using 2 slightly different clipless systems; it's better to use the same system on all the bikes, so clipping and unclipping is consistent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts