Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so not sure if anyone has run into this, but I believe that while adjusting for less float the screw has stripped as it will not adjust below the half way mark. I'm guessing this a non-rebuildable part?:confused: Normally, I'm pretty careful about things like this, but I think I forked it up royally.:mad2: Any advice on where to go from here?
Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, Well I posted it there a few days ago with no response. I will try to change the title to include "attn. Chas". As for pics there isn't a whole lot to see. In fact, visually it appears the same as the other pedal. Not that I'd dump them onto any unsuspecting ebay jockey or anything...:devil:

Thanks,
Michael

·
Banned
181 Posts
I just got a pair of Keo HM' s and while they are stupidly light and lovely to behold, I have to admit that I have serious reservations as to their durability given the wear I see after even their first ride. i wonder of Look is going for the weight weenies and sacrificing strength on these things... we'll see.

good luck!

·
Registered
296 Posts
There is no float adjustment screw on any Look pedal. Float is "adjusted" by which cleat one uses: Black for no float, Gray for 4.5 degree float, red for 9 degree float. They do have a cleat release tension screw--to adjust how easy or hard it is to disengage the cleat. Do you need to adjust the cleat release tension or is it okay the way it is?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, that's what I'm talkin' about! Cleat release tension screw. Sorry, I must've misremembered. As far as "needing" to adjust the release tension, I guess I just like that really solid engagement. Also, I'm kinda miffed that it doesn't function the way it should've from the factory. Any info as to the replacement of this part??
With regards to the reliability of LOOK's pedals, I think they're great. I have an older pair of the delta pedals on the other bike and they've been plenty solid. Honestly, I take full blame on this one. I should know better than to over tighten.:blush2:

ps. thanks davidson

·
Registered
289 Posts
Take the bolt out and examine the threads. If they look damaged, try replacing the bolt first.

If the threads in the pedal are stripped, you can always try repairing them with a tap. Not familiar with the pedal, but I would guess that the carbon body has a metal insert for the threads. Someone feel free to correct me here.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
I don't have Keo's, old Delta's. Just about every Look pedal I have owned has gone south. I have one pair of PP247's that I purchased about nine years ago that have withstood the test of time. These are on my old bike. My fav ride has PP206's. Seem to be holding up o.k. My Look pedals have usually had bearing problems sooner or later. Some within the first year. I have some fairly new PP347's that has the tension screw for the right pedal jammed all the way in, can't get it out, I guess I could if I played with it enough. I wear the same shoes for both bikes, I'm holding out for new pedals, and I don't think they will be Looks next time around.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience. I have 5 bikes, all with Looks, and they have always functioned just fine. I have used looks since they first came out with clipless and have everything from 296, 357, 396, A 5.1, CX-6s to Keos, probably 15 sets counting ones I've taken off to convert to newer models and none have ever malfunctioned.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I like my Keo Sprints. I have them on my TT bike and my road bike.

I have had 1 problem: after 2 years of use, one of the hinge rivets decided to leave. 20mins before a big race. Panic ensued, I tell ya. You can't clip in when this happens, as the part that opens and closes no longer pivots properly; just deforms back and down so that the cleat never engages.

Anyway, I brought the well used Keos back to the original vendor. They accepted them back and gave me a new pair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.