Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using the standard KEO's and love them. Has anyone used them along with the Sprint or Classic and found a difference in the feel. What is the main difference between the Sprint and the Classic?

·
Registered
75 Posts
High Gear said:
I've been using the standard KEO's and love them. Has anyone used them along with the Sprint or Classic and found a difference in the feel. What is the main difference between the Sprint and the Classic?

The Sprint and the Carbons are almost the same in feel, I didn't notice any difference in the tension, but I don't ride them fully locked in.

Until I checked the website I thought the only difference was the composite body. Seems there's construction differences as well

Regardless, the Sprint weights less than an Ultegra pedal, and it's cheaper. It's a player in the mid price pedal market.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bg. I am so happy to be back in LOOK's. I used them for years untill moving into Time Impacts then to SPD-SL's. I like the feel of the Look's and wouldn't mind dropping down to the less expensive Sprints. I have two pairs of the KEO cromo's and need two more pair for my other bikes. Why spend more for getting little in return........right?

·
Registered
75 Posts
High Gear said:
Thanks bg. I am so happy to be back in LOOK's. I used them for years untill moving into Time Impacts then to SPD-SL's. I like the feel of the Look's and wouldn't mind dropping down to the less expensive Sprints. I have two pairs of the KEO cromo's and need two more pair for my other bikes. Why spend more for getting little in return........right?
Thats how I saw it, originally I was going for the Ultegras cus the rest of my bike is Shimano, including my shoes. But the Sprint was cheaper and lighter.

That said, my girlfriend's looking for new pedals so I might just give her the Sprints and upgrade the pedals to the standard Keos (or even the TI axels). Seems I've become more sensitive towards matching the quality of parts, Sprints on a Dura Ace bike are not a problem, they work fantastically, but they are a step down and I'm already itching for an upgrade.

I used the same justification to order a K-wing handlebar ;-)

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
bg. said:
Thats how I saw it, originally I was going for the Ultegras cus the rest of my bike is Shimano, including my shoes. But the Sprint was cheaper and lighter.

That said, my girlfriend's looking for new pedals so I might just give her the Sprints and upgrade the pedals to the standard Keos (or even the TI axels). Seems I've become more sensitive towards matching the quality of parts, Sprints on a Dura Ace bike are not a problem, they work fantastically, but they are a step down and I'm already itching for an upgrade.

I used the same justification to order a K-wing handlebar ;-)
I would forget about the TI keo's, the weight difference is very minimal, and the only difference is the insane jump in price and the ti axel. Really, they aren't worth it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
FTF said:
I would forget about the TI keo's, the weight difference is very minimal, and the only difference is the insane jump in price and the ti axel. Really, they aren't worth it.
Agreed, but we're talking wants not needs. Rational thought takes a back seat :)

The Cromo would probably be a better bet for my 190lbs

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Definitely get the Sprints...the Classics are pretty cheesy with an exposed spring. We've been seeing a lot of returns on the Classics for people pulling out of them during sprints. The Sprints are like 140g and it is not worth the money to go carbon just to save 10-20g. Buy yourself two sets of Sprints in different colors and be happy!

The Flash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts