Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To give some contrast to an earlier post where I showed some of the Swan River in Perth, this ride goes inland (east) 90km to Northam.

The trail follows the water pipeline (1890's) that feeds Kalgorlie some 700km away, this is where gold was discovered, water was (is) pumped from Perth to feed the town no mean engineering feat.

Northam is one stop along the way.

Normally done in a weekend, up on Saturday - stay over at one if the local establishments and head home on the Sunday.

The trail follows the now removed rail line so there is no gradient or technical stuff to deal with. There are plenty of stops leading up to Northam where you can take a detour or just load up on food.

More details here http://www.keptrack.com.au/

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Looks nice. I'll be in Perth in September/October but unfortunately no bike :(.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Why not?

At least think about it closer to your arrival dates. I could probably be talked into giving you a guided tour of the river.

MB1: Yes the track that well graded, no need for MTB, but not suitable for 23mm tyres.

We also have the Mundabiddi which when finished will run between Perth and Albany (900km). currently it is about 320k in length with huts about every 40k if you want to sleep out overnight.

Towns are about every 80k if you want real bed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.