Cronulla AU - Fly V australia's Ben Kersten has added the Cronulla International GP to his 2009 US PRO criterium championship victory.

In a demanding race characterized by aggressive riding and a wind swept course, Kersten rode a 'smart' race covering a number of dangerous moves. Kersten was always tactically well placed in the peloton conserving much needed strength for the final run into the line.

Kersten said, "The finish into that strong southerly suited me, I jumped first at 150 meters to go and
immediately gapped Graham Brown by about a length and had enough strength into the head wind to hold off C J Sutton."

With a small contingent of 3 starting the Cronulla International Grand Prix team Fly V australia displayed excellent team work with Chris Pryor and Leon Vogels bringing dangerous breaks back towards the end of the race ensuring that the result was to be decided by the fast men in a dash to the line.

Kersten added, "I am looking forward to racing in Tasmania over Christmas and then heading to our Team training camp ahead of the National Criterium championships in Ballarat. With defending champion Bernie Sulzberger, Jonathan Cantwell and myself we will have some good options to play in the Australian Championship race come the 7th of January."

Team Managing Director, Chris White said "Ben's win today was our 94th for 2009, as a Team we have won consistently throughout the year and Ben's win book ends a great twelve months where Bernie Sulzberger got the success rolling with a win in last years event to take the coverted Australian Criterium champions title. To have today's event broadcast on channel 9 provided us with a tremendous stage to show the depth of our program and to bring the excitement of the race into lounge rooms throughout Australia." White went on to say, "Ben only switched to the road in 2009 and has made great steps, his win at Downers Grove IL in the US in August was a massive achievement and we are still seeing a steady progression in Ben's performances, I am excited to being able to work with him in 2010."

Final results
1. Ben Kersten (Fly V australia)
2. CJ Sutton (Garmin)
3. Graham Brown (Rabobank)