Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
Because of the way CF can fail, the possibility of damage that can't be seen without the use of special equipment and no warranty, I recommend against buying used CF.

If it were to fail, you'd be out a good portion of that $900.

In this price range, stay with aluminum or steel frames. Alu being light, stiff and cheap probably holds the edge.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first bike is a earlier model Giant carbon mountain bike and then early 90's Cannondale sr400 criterium and a 2001 Cannondale silk road 600 triple.For some reason I love the aluminum road bike made by cannondale that is why I bought the silk road.Now I am looking for a new road bike with price range 1000- 1200$. I am having doubts on buying carbon road bike. But lately I been seeing lots used high end carbon road bike on classified ads. Pinarello prince with campagnolo record 11 speed groupset and a vitus carbone 9 kevlar with campagnolo record carbon set both with ends components sellling at under 1900$ would price 4000 to 5000$ if bought new.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't ask the seller of the pinarello prince maybe the bike has been sold because it really cheap. The seller also selling a bmc pro machine with sram red 11 speed same price 1900$ and maybe sold also because the ads ends in just two days. I try to ask the vitus carbone 9 owner and also the owner of RT 1000

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vitus carbone 9 kevlar campagnolo record carbon groupset zero gravity brakeset mavic krysium elite carbon stem and handlebar look cleo cleats and "brand new tires" do you think its worth 1990$

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
vitus carbone 9 kevlar campagnolo record carbon groupset zero gravity brakeset mavic krysium elite carbon stem and handlebar look cleo cleats and "brand new tires" do you think its worth 1990$
In this price range you could buy new from a LBS, and that's exactly what I suggest you do.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Kestrels can be had at bikesdirect ffs.

The end of an American legend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.