Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding a felt F90 (entry level, alu/sora) for a few years in varying capacities. In '09 I rode ~1500 miles, mostly just for exercise

2 weeks ago I wrecked my corvette, fled the scene, got a CNI and my 2nd DWI. I won't be driving for a long long time. Time for a new bike!

I've narrowed it down to a Kestrel Talon (105 group) or the Felt AR5.

The $400 difference (AR5>Talon) is mildly important; I'd probably put it toward an HED H3.

Looking for any comments/suggestions.

Usage will be daily commuting, regular 10-20 mile exercise rides, a race if there's one in Springfield, MO?

My commute is a 2 mile joke on flat streets. I stomp traffic

Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
Given your situation, and planned uses I don't know if either of those is the perfect bike for you... I know your commute is short, but what do you carry? Would you ever need to have racks on your bike for grocery shopping? Would you ride to work in the rain... and want fenders?

Something like the Soma Smoothie/ES, Gunnar Sport/Roadie, Surly Pacer, might give you more flexibility for using one bike for a number of different things....

Just some thoughts - the two you are looking at are both nice for the exercise rides/races.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.