Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was the only bidder on a 2005 Talon on ebay. Thought I'd be outbid, but here I am. What are folks' experiences with this frame? I wonder if I should actually build it up or just sell it. Thanks.

·
Registered
425 Posts
rcnute said:
I was the only bidder on a 2005 Talon on ebay. Thought I'd be outbid, but here I am. What are folks' experiences with this frame? I wonder if I should actually build it up or just sell it. Thanks.
I have owned one for the last two years. It is light and stiff and I found the handling to be excellent. I think you will be very pleased overall. I weigh 180 lbs and like to push a big gear and I found it to be very stiff. While it is stiff, it is smoother than my steel and titanium bikes. The only complaint I have is the internal cable routing. I hate internal cable routing. It is very slick and clean looking but a [email protected]$$ to replace. If you are patient and like to do your own wrenching, no problem. I would build it up and see how you like it. If you can get the cables done, you will likely really like the ride. When I took my Talon from the flat Florida panhandle to the mountains of norther Georgia, it really came to life. Climbed very well and descended very confidently. It was a joy to ride in that terrain.

Mike

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, sir.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's a crazy deal you got on that frame!!!

Why can't I ever find a adeal like that?? :confused:

Enjoy it or sell it for a nice quick profit!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was amazed. Now I'm torn. Leaning towards building it up. Hey, even if I do that and it doesn't work out I shouldn't lose money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.