Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard of Keywin before?

Pedal Set Carbon Titanium Axle | Keywin Shop

Those that follow Harley know that for many years he used SPD pedals with SPD cleats in a custom midfoot position on custom shoes. Big clunky skater looking shoes he had custom made. Well after he used up the custom shoes and couldn't get any more made he switched to a proper road setup.

He bought some Bont Vaypor Sprint shoes and some Keywin Carbon Titanium pedals. He had a lot of good things to say about the Keywin pedals and their platform and such. Best pedals in the industry... Well I have a buddy who had other luck. Below is a short "review" on them.

Sound squeaky right? No problem though right? Just lube it up right? Not a design error right? Well check the next two posts to see why these pedals are absolutely straight up dangerous.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
[video]https://youtu.be/eZBqMAXkZs8?t=3m53s[/video]

See what's happening here?
Horrible design.

As you go to clip out, the pedal actually comes apart, shooting out some plastic plug and locking your feet in.

As Harley shows though, you can reach under the shoe and manually press a tab to unlock the shoes, but come on now... how dangerous is that?

See the price of these pedals?

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've only ever heard people rave about Keywin pedals before. From what Harley said in the video with the exploding pedal they may have changed their design.

Looks like the video was shot at the top of Kensington rd, Skye. He Everested that road the other day, it's a steep mother and really not somewhere you don't want to be able to clip out on!

edit: err yeah, it was Kensy road, first time I watched the vid it started at the top with the pedal problem, second time played all the way through.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.