Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got at Xmas--now bricked. It is frozen in recovery mode. Have tried all the suggestions on the Apple site more than once. I got it working for a day and then back to not charging or syncing and then bricking entirely. I can't tell you how many times I've reinstalled drivers and Itunes. Suck it Apple.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Got at Xmas--now bricked. It is frozen in recovery mode. Have tried all the suggestions on the Apple site more than once. I got it working for a day and then back to not charging or syncing and then bricking entirely. I can't tell you how many times I've reinstalled drivers and Itunes. Suck it Apple.
Have you asked an "Apple Genius" yet? :)

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Room 1201 said:
Have you asked an "Apple Genius" yet? :)
That's my next step...taking it to the Apple Store. I got it for him for Xmas online via Best Buy, but it seems you can still take it to Apple for warranty issues.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
That's my next step...taking it to the Apple Store. I got it for him for Xmas online via Best Buy, but it seems you can still take it to Apple for warranty issues.
Let me peek into your future....

Apple Genius said:
Sir, there seems to be a problem with your iPod

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Room 1201 said:
Let me peek into your future....
Can I stab them in the liverz then?:cryin:

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
I have an el-cheapo Sansa mp3 player that periodically does the same thing. Here's what I do: I just keep pushing buttons randomly until it boots up. Once, I had to leave it for more than a week until the battery completely wore down, then I charged it up and it worked again.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Did he "JAIL BREAK" it? If so, you might be screwed.

Did you try a new firmware? Try downgrading, then upgrade it back through iTunes. This will USUALLY de-brick 99% of of them.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
Shame on you for buying an Ipud.
My "Clip" has locked up twice in the last year. Per the instruction manual, holding the power on button for 10-15 seconds has fixed it both times. It locked up while jumping from song to song, too fast. (must have confused it's tiny brain).

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
I had an issue with my iPod--- the fix was the change the timezone to Pacific standard and do a hard reboot. WTF?!

It worked--- but it was a completely different issue.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I've had good luck with Apple and their service in general.

I bought one of the new Macbooks when tey came out a couple years ago. the first one I got killed itself in like two days. Froze, screen showing me all kinds of gibberish. It was screwy.

I took it back, they opened it up, looked at it, asked me if I had anything on the HD yet that I didn't have backed up elsewhere, I didn't. They walked in back grabbed a brand new one and handed it to me. Nice.

Then there was the battery issue (as all Mac's seem to have at some point in time). The battery was screwy... wouldn't charge and I could only use my computer if it was plugged in.

I made an appointment with Apple, went to the store, they gave me a brand new battery right there, apparently it was a new one that had been fixed from the problem those were happening.

I've got two iPods. The Nano I got with my Macbook and my 120 gig that I got ast year. Both work perfect, never had any issues with them.

Some people seem to have great luck with Mac, some people have had terrible experiences. I was ready to be pissed each time I went to the Mac Store to get help, but every time they helped me out and I left happy, and that means a lot to me as a customer. So I would say to take it in and see what happens.

joe

·
Registered
728 Posts
If it doesn't work and you've had it less than six months they'll just give you a new one on the spot. I wouldn't be so quick to count them out. For a large company they're pretty darn good with customer service. Every product coming from China can't be perfect, and they were super quick to give me a new one. Try going to a Dell store and getting that service....oh wait.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave_Stohler said:
I have an el-cheapo Sansa mp3 player that periodically does the same thing. Here's what I do: I just keep pushing buttons randomly until it boots up. Once, I had to leave it for more than a week until the battery completely wore down, then I charged it up and it worked again.
It wont charge because the computer won't recognize it and it fails upon restore when it does recognize it (after I reinstall the drivers).

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DIRT BOY said:
Did he "JAIL BREAK" it? If so, you might be screwed.

Did you try a new firmware? Try downgrading, then upgrade it back through iTunes. This will USUALLY de-brick 99% of of them.
nope..not jailbroken...plain vanilla install.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tober1 said:
If it doesn't work and you've had it less than six months they'll just give you a new one on the spot. I wouldn't be so quick to count them out. For a large company they're pretty darn good with customer service. Every product coming from China can't be perfect, and they were super quick to give me a new one. Try going to a Dell store and getting that service....oh wait.
Yeah...gonna take it in tomorrow. I hope there isn't an issue with me not having the original box as my kid threw it away. :rolleyes: I do have the receipt though.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Leopold Porkstacker said:
Lemme guess—you’re lusing it on a Windoze Pee Sea, and not a Mac, right?
yip...can you even reinstall drivers on a Mac?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Take it to best buy, not apple. If the geek squad cant fix it they get you a new one (so long as you are in your 1 year since purchase period, 3 if you bought the insurance). Similar thing happened to me, I got a new one in a week.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.