Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
I'm no fan of plastic, but it does have a very 'utilitarian' look - no 'swoopy' stuff for no reason. As if the engineers threw the designers/marketers out of the room for this one. - TF

·
Banned
4,302 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,337 Posts
STinGa said:
Pretty fugly IMO.

STinGa
The Eurosport crew has dubbed it "Dreadnought" and "The Ugliest Bike in All Creation".... :)

+1

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
no way to make that fit anyone if it wasn't a full on custom. ugly, but probably fast.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts

·
What offseason?
534 Posts
Hincapie was riding a much larger, but similar bike yesterday and I was wondering if it was something Giant really made. The Stem/Handlebar combo with the fairing is a new/interesting idea - makes the bike a bit easier to repair if you damage your fork than the similar looking hinge designs by Look and BMC. It does a very good job of keeping cables out of the wind by routing them through that fairing. The seat clamp is a bit clunky compared to some of the other solutions.

Not the most beautiful TT frame for sure, but it has a certain appeal. It borrows a lot of elements from a P3C but something just doesn't look quite right.

No bottle cage mounts though which kills it for longer TTs. I noticed George had two flask sized bottles taped to his frame yesterday... kinda odd.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I like it. All business.
gray8110 said:
No bottle cage mounts though which kills it for longer TTs. I noticed George had two flask sized bottles taped to his frame yesterday... kinda odd.
Seems like you could use one of those little Camelbacks, wearing it under your skinsuit. Shouldn't affect aerodynmics much, and keeps the hands on the handlebars.

JSR

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
funny

how all these mfrs who attempt to sell us on the superiority of compact geometry
when designingTT bikes where seated power is utmost, their TTs migrate toward horizontal.
the engineering dept is clearly not close to the boys and girls in marketing

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
gray8110 said:
I have to think there is some provision for water for the longer TTs. Maybe the cage mounts are recessed and not visible in the photo.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.