Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a retailer or web retailer who will sell/ship a Kinesis cross frame to US customers? The frames look great and the geometry is just right for me.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I think that if you asked around, you might find them sold here as a recognized brand. I know that Kinesis made the '00 Redline Conquest I once had; it'd be unlikely that there wasn't someone here slapping their decals on Kinesis frames these days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Kinesis USA factory is shut down. You should look into a ALAN frame. They really are the most tried an trued cross frames on the market. Matt Kelly even made his return to the sport on one and now he's a pro for Subaru Gary Fisher.(MTB) Word has it ALAN is trying to retain him for cross and for a shot at the World's in 07

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Viking said:
The Kinesis USA factory is shut down.
Edit: Previously, I got it wrong. Kinesis bought Mountain Cycles. They just shut down the facility and are looking for a buyer -- apparently. The US facility (Portland, OR) is now up for lease. So Kinesis still makes stuff, they just don't have a US brand.

About Alans ... yes, they are nice frames but if they don't fit you, then they are lousy. Also, I wouldn't base my frame choice on the fact that Matt Kelly rides one. Jon Page rides a Cervelo, Trebon and Wickes ride Konas, Wells rides a Ti Redline. It comes down to sponsorship ...

Choose the frame that works for you -- prince and fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts